Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
CelticXC40

Post by CelticXC40 »

Yesterday I gave up waiting for my new car that had been on order since 10th May. Our local dealer had an Inscription pro T4 that they were selling. So I bought that car.
One snippet I did get from them was that one of the reasons for the delays in delivery is the supply chain. Apparently the floor pans and engines are manufactured in Gothenburg and shipped to Ghent where the final assembly is done. That is being used as one of the reasons!!! so much for JIT supply chains!
Also they were have a massive moan about the way Volvo have handled the XC40 launch and subsequent orders, refusing to contact customers directly and just issuing directives to dealers on what to tell the customers!

Oh dear! do people never learn - good communication is the key to happy customers. Perhaps I should come out of retirement and do some customers service consultancy for Volvo UK.
Regards
Tom
XC40 Inscription pro - T4 - Auto AWD - Pine Grey - Blonde Leather - 19" wheels - Intellisafe pro Pack, Tinted windows, Keyless drive, wireless charging, Xenium pack, Towbar, Spare wheel. Delivered 22nd January 2019.

Graad

Post by Graad »

TrevG wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:01 am Hi Graad ordered on the 13th of October the original delivery date was 30th of March
4 months is very good, just a few weeks to wait. :)
Yesterday I gave up waiting for my new car that had been on order since 10th May. Our local dealer had an Inscription pro T4 that they were selling. So I bought that car.
One snippet I did get from them was that one of the reasons for the delays in delivery is the supply chain. Apparently the floor pans and engines are manufactured in Gothenburg and shipped to Ghent where the final assembly is done. That is being used as one of the reasons!!! so much for JIT supply chains!
Also they were have a massive moan about the way Volvo have handled the XC40 launch and subsequent orders, refusing to contact customers directly and just issuing directives to dealers on what to tell the customers!
Some options can create big delays (weeks to months) and engines like the T3 as well...
T3 Momentum Aluminium grey + blond interior.
Order date : June 1st 2018.
Delivery Date : February 4th 2019. :D
Oblivion

Post by Oblivion »

Don't know whether I was just lucky or whether they are sorting out their act but my order/delivery dates were pretty reasonable and I had selected pretty much all the options.
T5 Inscription Pro, Onyx Black, Blonde interior. Ordered 15th October 2018. Delivered 1st March 2019.
Graad

Post by Graad »

Oblivion wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:17 pm Don't know whether I was just lucky or whether they are sorting out their act but my order/delivery dates were pretty reasonable and I had selected pretty much all the options.
Yeah, i don't understand the logic anymore. :(
As long as all the cars are produced and delivered, that's all that matters :)
mattdesign

Post by mattdesign »

I've just found out that my XC40 arrived at the dealer last week on 8th January. :!:

Unfortunately I don't know when I'm going to receive it due to an admin delay (my company haven't sent back the completed lease forms they were sent 8 days ago). :roll:

Not getting my hopes up for this week now, but hey what is another few days after waiting nearly 8 months. :cry:

But I do have the registration number, AE68 so guessing that it is coming from a dealer in Norwich / Peterborough / Ipswich / Cambridge area.
XC40 | R-Design Pro | D4 AWD | Black Stone
20" | Xenium | Intellisafe Pro | Convenience | Harman Kardon | Keyless
Gear shift paddles | Wireless charging | Smartphone integration | Power child locks
Ordered 22/05/18 | Delivered 21/01/19
WilliamTM

Post by WilliamTM »

For what it's worth - Momentum Pro (with various options) ordered 1st Sept, arriving at the dealership tomorrow, pickup on Saturday.

Not too bad...better than the half a year (or more) wait that some people are having to deal with!
XC40 Momentum Pro · T3 Manual
614 Ice White · 18" 5 Spoke Alloy Wheels · R300 Charcoal · Xenium Pack · Intellisafe Surround Pack · Power Operated Tailgate · Power Passenger Seat · Smartphone Integration · Towbar
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

My dealer has called me with an update on delivery, It should be ready to pick up around the 29th, we are away but will arrange to collect soon after our return.
Just a long shot! I will be getting rid our current car which is a Lexus RC 300h F Sport in sonic red, completely unmarked with full LSH - 18 months old, get in touch if interested, a very good deal to be had., almost forgot to mention that it has done 11700 miles.
XC40 2.0 T4 Inscription Pro AWD, Crystal White with Oxide Red Leather, Heated S/W, Intellisafe Pro, H K sound, Tempa Spare Wheel, Xenium Pack, Dark Windows,.

Part Exchange - Lexus RC300h F Sport, Sonic Red, 2017.
mattdesign

Post by mattdesign »

Paperwork sorted – delivery expected to be Monday 21 Jan now.

Just waiting for final confirmation...
XC40 | R-Design Pro | D4 AWD | Black Stone
20" | Xenium | Intellisafe Pro | Convenience | Harman Kardon | Keyless
Gear shift paddles | Wireless charging | Smartphone integration | Power child locks
Ordered 22/05/18 | Delivered 21/01/19
CelticXC40

Post by CelticXC40 »

Well I collected my ex demonstrator yesterday (in a snow storm) Had an excellent handover and the towbar and spare wheel had been fitted as required. My first impression is that it is much easier to drive than my old XC60. We shall see.

However the main point of the post is that whilst I was there the dealership received a delivery of eleven (11) XC40's. I asked the salesman when they were ordered and some of them (First Editions) had been on order since launch in Feb/Mar 18!!!!!! At least there will be 11 happy customers in the next few days.
XC40 Inscription pro - T4 - Auto AWD - Pine Grey - Blonde Leather - 19" wheels - Intellisafe pro Pack, Tinted windows, Keyless drive, wireless charging, Xenium pack, Towbar, Spare wheel. Delivered 22nd January 2019.
Graad

Post by Graad »

Celticxc60 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:54 am Well I collected my ex demonstrator yesterday (in a snow storm) Had an excellent handover and the towbar and spare wheel had been fitted as required. My first impression is that it is much easier to drive than my old XC60. We shall see.

However the main point of the post is that whilst I was there the dealership received a delivery of eleven (11) XC40's. I asked the salesman when they were ordered and some of them (First Editions) had been on order since launch in Feb/Mar 18!!!!!! At least there will be 11 happy customers in the next few days.
How FE versions can be produced or delivered after orders made months after ?