Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

Very confused, my car was supposed to be delivered this week. I went into my dealer this morning hoping to finalise all the paperwork and was told that it had been build but missed the transport and now not due until 15th June. Then I get an email from Volvo to say that they have just started to build it!

Apart from I think someone is telling porkies how long from build date to reciept ?
XC40 D4 First Edition Crystal White 20" wheels

Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Optimist wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 5:51 pm Very confused, my car was supposed to be delivered this week. I went into my dealer this morning hoping to finalise all the paperwork and was told that it had been build but missed the transport and now not due until 15th June. Then I get an email from Volvo to say that they have just started to build it!

Apart from I think someone is telling porkies how long from build date to reciept ?
Guessing lies from the dealer, when did you order your car?
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

Shaenei wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:01 pm
Optimist wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 5:51 pm Very confused, my car was supposed to be delivered this week. I went into my dealer this morning hoping to finalise all the paperwork and was told that it had been build but missed the transport and now not due until 15th June. Then I get an email from Volvo to say that they have just started to build it!

Guessing lies from the dealer, when did you order your car?
Ordered very early March told delivery in May as car already in system as they had pre ordered one. Then they said Oct. At which point I inferred that I wasn't prepared to wait that long and said I would look around for something else. 24 hours later they they came back saying that they had a cancellation same specs, colour etc but with 20" tyres and washers due for delivery the 25th May.

Today they say still a month as it missed transport I then get an email from Volvo to say car in production.

Leaving aside I think someone is just trying to retain my custom. How long from the email from Volvo saying started production to actual delivery ?
senwar

Post by senwar »

What kind of info was in the build email?

Because I’ve received one today saying my xc60 is in production. I cancelled that in February and it didn’t even get input into the system as far as I was aware.
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
Teeceee

Post by Teeceee »

for me, build date confirmed,to collection was a week...
XC40 FE D4 ordered in White with 20's... might be lucky and have it in May
RachThomo

Post by RachThomo »

It’s getting more than frustrating now. Ordered early Jan, told delivery March, then 1st May, then 15th May, now 8th of June. Do I think it’ll arrive then? Do I heck...
FE Osmium Grey and Lava! 20” wheels (although it’s arrived with 19’s and no headlight cleaning system). :roll: Ordered January 21st. Delivery date July 21st!!
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

senwar wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:14 pm

What kind of info was in the build email?

Because I’ve received one today saying my xc60 is in production. I cancelled that in February and it didn’t even get input into the system as far as I was aware.
Maybe you are getting a XC60 as well, a buy one get one free thing for all the hassle :)

The Info was just very basic

"Your new car is being prepared

It’s our pleasure to let you know that we’ve now started to build your new XC40. Every car we build is designed with people in mind, to make lives easier and safer. We’re looking forward to handing you the keys when everything is ready."
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

Teeceee wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:26 pm for me, build date confirmed,to collection was a week...
Interesting, thank you.
Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

I got the same e mail from Volvo .....
2 days after I had collected it 😮
T5 First edition Crystal White
Gjf7622

Post by Gjf7622 »

I ordered FE 2.5 petrol bursting blue on 9th February. Told end of March by dealer that larger wheels and headlamp washers not now available due to demand. Kept being told delivery 20th April. Date came, then 27th April. Rang dealer and told "Car is in the country. Logistics problem!". date now 11th May. Date came, then 29th May. Just how much demand was there on 9th February, 13 days before official launch. Is dealer fobbing me off?