Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

"Less than 1000 slots left". That may be out of date now!

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=280662
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o

evil_scooby

Post by evil_scooby »

Its a first edition i ordered in march for may delivery but now suggesting october delivery :-(
7 months is a joke even with a delay in parts

Interesting how varied the delivery expectations are getting reset st this week
ste12

Post by ste12 »

Was told yesterday by dealer that I won't have any kind of date come up on the system on my March 1st order until end of June ("week 26"). Shortage of engines. Others were starting to get dates coming up on the system but not necessarily good one's. I think if you get one at the moment, (generally) you've dropped lucky on a specific spec or are a pre March order. Long delays for the majority appears to be the current norm.
D3 R Design. Silver. 19s. Tow-bar. Ordered 1st March. Delivered: July 10
MetaXC40

Post by MetaXC40 »

Ordered an R-Design D3 (fairly standard other than front parking sensors and Apple car play) first week of February and initially told end of May / start of June. Know more uncertain, Marshall’s in Leeds telling me they don’t know and they were sitting down (presumably conf call) with Volvo this week to discuss as they have a huge number of XC40’s on extended order times. No further word from the dealer, have chased. Need to have car by June / July 😬 ....kindve wish I hadn’t looked on here haha, thinking the worst now!
Flatman5

Post by Flatman5 »

I was also told by my dealership that one of the reasons for the shortages is a shortage of Petrol engines, apparently they are struggling to make them quick enough.
ste12

Post by ste12 »

Think they are struggling to make most things quick enough. Mine is D3 i.e. a diesel so shortages on petrol and diesel engines.
D3 R Design. Silver. 19s. Tow-bar. Ordered 1st March. Delivered: July 10
Neil76

Post by Neil76 »

Just had an update from my dealer.... Delivery date is 3rd week of July.
FE D4 Crystal White 20" Alloys :D
PRINTERRUSS

Post by PRINTERRUSS »

Shaenei wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:41 pm
PRINTERRUSS wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:31 pm Hi All

Ordered mine on March 18th and originally told del end of May, had a call Friday to be told now it is November the 21st!!!!
To say I was gutted was an understatement.
Welcome to the club mate, what type of engine did you order in yours?
Hi Shaenei
190 Brake D4 AWD R Design.
MetaXC40

Post by MetaXC40 »

Just got off the phone woth dealer at Marshalls Volvo , he confirmed that our order from Jan/Feb wouldnt be completed until October now. They had a call with Volvo’s production team who said unexpectedly reopening the orders for First Edition cars meant all the engines and R Design parts have been used up now.

Was really excited for the car (first new car ive ever bought) but will have to cancel the order i think. He said a fair few others were doing the same.

Really dissapointing.
deanio

Post by deanio »

Just ordered a T4 R Design Pro in White for my wife. Told it has a factory slot and should be delivered 30th September, but no holding my breath.
White T4 R Design Pro ordered 17/04/18 and supposedly arriving 30/09/18. Picked up 2nd October. :D