Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
xc40fun

Post by xc40fun »

Conversely, I ordered a VW in January, followed the tracker which suggested I'd be getting my car mid-March, then suddenly it slipped to early June. At that point, I cancelled and walked to the Volvo dealer next door who was quite sure I'll have my car ready to drive in mid-end April.

The lack of info is somewhat unsettling I agree, but it perhaps guards against setting false expectations? There need to be a happy medium somewhere.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 4WD [190] | Bright Silver with Lava interior | 19" wheels | Ordered 12/02/18 - ETA 10/04/18 - Arrived 13/04/18

KentishWelsh

Post by KentishWelsh »

xc40fun wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:39 pm Conversely, I ordered a VW in January, followed the tracker which suggested I'd be getting my car mid-March, then suddenly it slipped to early June. At that point, I cancelled and walked to the Volvo dealer next door who was quite sure I'll have my car ready to drive in mid-end April.

The lack of info is somewhat unsettling I agree, but it perhaps guards against setting false expectations? There need to be a happy medium somewhere.

That’s a fair point. Though the only expectation was set by the salesman before I signed on the dotted line. Would I have waited til autumn... probably.

Anyway: I just want my new toy! :D
D4 Inscription
deanio

Post by deanio »

xc40fun wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:39 pm Conversely, I ordered a VW in January, followed the tracker which suggested I'd be getting my car mid-March, then suddenly it slipped to early June. At that point, I cancelled and walked to the Volvo dealer next door who was quite sure I'll have my car ready to drive in mid-end April.

How do you use the tracker?
I thought you could track an order but when you go on my Volvo, you only get an option to add a vin number not an order number.
White T4 R Design Pro ordered 17/04/18 and supposedly arriving 30/09/18. Picked up 2nd October. :D
Flatman5

Post by Flatman5 »

Sorry to those who are still waiting, just been told my car is ready to collect.
Cholsey

Post by Cholsey »

deanio wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:12 pm

How do you use the tracker?
I thought you could track an order but when you go on my Volvo, you only get an option to add a vin number not an order number.
I was told by my dealer back in January I could follow the car build on the MyVolvo tracker and he provided me with 2 separate orders I could enter on the site. Like you Deanio I only saw a VIN entry field. I called Volvo and they advised me the build tracker was no longer available.

The agent was not able to tell me if they were going to introduce a new system.
XC40 T5 FE; Bright Silver; 20” Alloys; Power Folding Tow-bar.
Ordered 19 Jan; Delivered 01 May
deanio

Post by deanio »

Thanks for that Cholsey
White T4 R Design Pro ordered 17/04/18 and supposedly arriving 30/09/18. Picked up 2nd October. :D
senwar

Post by senwar »

Well thankfully mine has arrived in the country and is still expected at the dealers by Monday although they did say they haven’t had the 48hr text yet.

But sounds like I’ll definitely have it some time next week. Lovely.
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
AndyP

Post by AndyP »

I placed order 13 March XC40 FE. Have been contacting dealer and Volvo latest reply.. order is in a holding queue waiting to be processed so unable to provide build date. Pressed harder at dealer but they have little or no info. Back to Volvo very short responses saying the XC40 is COTY and has been very successful. Demand very high and exceeded their expectations as result they have too many orders to process. Volvo cannot give any estimates of when the order will be processed let alone when delivery will be. Finally Volvo stayed today that deliver could be Q4 this year but that’s not guaranteed. Dealer has said delivery likely January 2018. The attitude from Volvo has been abysmal and exceptionally arrogant I have felt guilty for asking them. I have emailed the CEO of Volvo UK Jon Wakefield but just get fobbed off to customer support who do not provide a lot of support. No one at the dealer will confirm that original deal price remains firm, nor if Finance Deposit Contribution and 0% interest will still be available when or maybe if a car ever gets delivered. Must admit this is the most appalling service and arrogance I have ever experienced from a “Premium” product provider. So what to do now.....
T5 FE Bursting Blue 19” Wheels plus Towbar
Busheyboy

Post by Busheyboy »

Having to very soon decide what is going to to replace my X5, it will be interesting to see what (if anything) Volvo do with regards to lead times on the XC40. Saw similar scenario happen with the Evoque and the Macan, with both manufacturers increasing production to satisfy demand, because at the end of the day, superb demand is healthy for the brand and residual values etc, but they won't want prospective customers cancelling orders to go and buy from another manufacturer........or maybe they'll think with such phenomenal demand, they don't care?!?!?!?

I test drove the D4 R-Design and I must say it's a fabulous car and i'd place it leagues above similarly priced competition, but having to wait until January 2019 onward for one may just be a stretch too far.....
Harrydog

Post by Harrydog »

Meanwhile, Volvo offer to give the interest from the millions held worldwide in customer deposits to charity...