Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Similar issues were had with the Jaguar F Pace release regarding parts availability and slipping delivery dates. All I can say is that if you can hang in then do so as the XC40 is a great car/drive. Last thing you ever need to find yourself saying, whilst driving for the next 3-4 years is ' I wish I had only found a way to wait' !
T5: Crystal White: 1st Edition: 20" Wheels: Lava Orange: Rubber Mats: Tow-bar: Proud owner since early April :D

Macksher

Post by Macksher »

I ordered 15/3 told June delivery
On 7/4 told end of July
Today told end of September /early October......
At this rate it will be Christmas 🙄
Someone’s not very good at their planning job and someone needs to take control and confirm honest accurate timeframes to ‘their’ customers.
Honesty is the best policy !
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

deanio wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:11 pm Just ordered a T4 R Design Pro in White for my wife. Told it has a factory slot and should be delivered 30th September, but no holding my breath.
I ordered my T3 R-Design Pro on the 12th and I'm told it'll be here on the 30th September too... From what I've ben reading though I'm not expecting it until late October the earliest.
As long as it's not a 68 plate 2019 model I'll be happy.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Macksher wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:14 pm I ordered 15/3 told June delivery
On 7/4 told end of July
Today told end of September /early October......
At this rate it will be Christmas 🙄
Someone’s not very good at their planning job and someone needs to take control and confirm honest accurate timeframes to ‘their’ customers.
Honesty is the best policy !
Being a manufacturing planner myself I can confirm that sometimes the planner isn't at fault and he can't get accurate dates from the buyers. That's my normal issue if we run out of things.

But I do agree as a business Volvo need to get to grips with the supply issues asap and get some accurate lead times for the customers
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Marketry

Post by Marketry »

Just got off the phone with http://john-darke.co.uk who are advertising a XC40 T5 White FE with 100 miles on the clock arriving soon.

They're an authorised Volvo service centre, no new sales, and they've got 3 XC40's as service courtesy cars but they're not allowed to sell them for 3 months. If you commit now they guarantee it won't clock up more than 3,000.

I think I'll wait for a new one but it beggars belief that Volvo can allocate a car in such short supply to the role of courtesy cars.
T5 White - 19 inchers for sanity not vanity
deanio

Post by deanio »

I was tempted by that car and spoke to them. Not sure I wanted to put a Non refundable £1000 down on a car that is going to be driven by various people for another 2 months. Any damage could be done in that time. Ordered a new R Design Pro instead. I’m in no rush.
White T4 R Design Pro ordered 17/04/18 and supposedly arriving 30/09/18. Picked up 2nd October. :D
amwuk

Post by amwuk »

Ordered my XC40 T5 FE on 22 Feb (launch day), was originally told I'd have it on 19 April, which then slipped to 23 April (this coming Monday), and now I've just had a call to say it'll be some time in May.
Chrsmi

Post by Chrsmi »

I suppose the real question is... has anyone ordering in March recently been told their delivery is still on track?
D4 First Edition | Fusion Red, 19" Alloys | Estimated Delivery: Late June/Early July
Switching from: Seat Leon
ste12

Post by ste12 »

I think the only chance (slim) of an order being sort of on track is if it's an FE. One of the dealers on another forum said:

"As far as I'm aware the earliest that we in the UK (and likely anywhere else) are seeing non-first edition vehicles is around the June/July time. As far as I'm aware this isn't down to any kind of production issues, although I can confirm we don't have an Automatic variant available in the UK either...."

Think the majority of us on March onwards orders are in same boat. I would start to get a bit annoyed if I were to start seeing the model I've ordered on the road (D3) as I ordered on the first available date for non FEs but no signs of anything non FE.
D3 R Design. Silver. 19s. Tow-bar. Ordered 1st March. Delivered: July 10
KentishWelsh

Post by KentishWelsh »

Chrsmi wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:42 am I suppose the real question is... has anyone ordering in March recently been told their delivery is still on track?
Beyond a reply to an email saying ‘we will tell you when we know’ I haven’t heard a thing from my dealer in a month. Original date mid June.

I’m not very impressed with Volvo’s approach: I worry that by giving no info for a while they think it’ll lessen the risk customers go elsewhere. Then again, if they genuinely don’t know it’s hardly a plus point.

From the customer POV it compares really poorly to companies like VW. I bought a new vehicle from them previously and got almost instant access to an online tracker. With Volvo all I’ve been able to do is pay a deposit!
D4 Inscription