Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
DaveSig2018

Post by DaveSig2018 »

Rifleman wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:39 pm
DaveSig2018 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:55 pm
b) my original above mentioned salesman at Marshalls Volvo Nottingham, has left without so much as a handover or parting email to myself
Which salesman is that Dave? I ordered my FE from Marshalls back in March and have had no feedback at all from them since. Very disappointing...
Edward (Ted) Lyle

my order is now being looked over by Josh *something*
On order (April 2018) XC40 Inscription / T4 / Denim Blue / now on the road as of 30th July 2018!! :D

Gloubiboulga

Post by Gloubiboulga »

From Belgium,
D3 Inscription Geartronic Crystal White Pearl,
Ordered January 19, 2018, first expected mid July, then mid September, then assembled on November 9th (delivery November 19th), then assembled on November 27th (delivery?), Then ???
Braine- l'Alleud (Near Brussel)
Order for XC40 D3 Geartronic Inscription Crystal White Pearl
Ordered January 17th. Finally delivered on December 1st.
I am happy.
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Gloubiboulga wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:59 am From Belgium,
Ordered January 19, 2018, first expected mid July, then mid September, then assembled on November 9th (delivery November 19th), then assembled on November 27th (delivery?), Then ???
Ouch! What have you done to upset your dealer? When you say "Geartronic" is that the automatic version? Mine's similar spec to yours, D3 Inscription Pro manual. Ordered in May, expected end Oct. and now moved a couple of days back to early Nov.. I'm surprised yours has moved so far back - and it worries me!
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
Constance88

Post by Constance88 »

XC40 D3 Geartronic Inscription ordered through Arval lease 01/06/18 with delivery 02/02/19. now delayed until xx/05/19.
if I would have know 11 months was required I would have ordered something else. Cancelling the order would result in 10% penalty.
ste12

Post by ste12 »

Constance88 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:41 am XC40 D3 Geartronic Inscription ordered through Arval lease 01/06/18 with delivery 02/02/19. now delayed until xx/05/19.
if I would have know 11 months was required I would have ordered something else. Cancelling the order would result in 10% penalty.
Hi Constance88. Wow, that is a silly date and would have thought that the XC40 delivery issues might have started to ease towards the back end of 2018. Also, interesting that not an R Design where most of the issues have been to date. I guess a lot will depend on what you have in writing and if they gave you a delivery date in writing to kick off with. This article gives a bit of general advice https://www.whatcar.com/advice/buying/d ... e-control/ but I guess it depends on the Ts and Cs you signed up to in the first place.
D3 R Design. Silver. 19s. Tow-bar. Ordered 1st March. Delivered: July 10
Gloubiboulga

Post by Gloubiboulga »

hdasmith wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:38 am
Gloubiboulga wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:59 am From Belgium,
Ouch! What have you done to upset your dealer? When you say "Geartronic" is that the automatic version? Mine's similar spec to yours, D3 Inscription Pro manual. Ordered in May, expected end Oct. and now moved a couple of days back to early Nov.. I'm surprised yours has moved so far back - and it worries me!
I did express my dissatisfaction but the dealer is on leave for a week. The postponements pose organizational and financial problems. I am waiting for the dealer's response to his return but I do not have much hope given the experience of members of the forum.

This is the 8-speed automatic.
Braine- l'Alleud (Near Brussel)
Order for XC40 D3 Geartronic Inscription Crystal White Pearl
Ordered January 17th. Finally delivered on December 1st.
I am happy.
Christoph99

Post by Christoph99 »

Also from Belgium...

Ordered T4 geartronic, bursting blue, R-Design 3rd week of Jan this year, delivery estimated by end June. Only found out about delays when I contacted the salesman, no info volunteered. Production date shifted in schedule from week 16 to week 46 (w/c 12 Nov)! Am now on my third loan car and have paperwork for it validated until Jan 2019 (I said I would refuse delivery before end 2018 if the car arrived that late because cars registered here at the end of the year are valued as if first registered in Jan of the same year, so additional loss in value). Salesman's explanation is that some options are currently unavailable (360° cam, BLIS) but he could get me an XC60 with same options within 10 weeks, so explanation doesn't hold water. Tells me cars being ordered now are for delivery mid-2019. Very disappointing - at least he's kept me mobile even if the V60 I have isn't a patch on what I've ordered.
Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

They must have a lot of orders, my dealer said they are rolling of the production line at a rate of 1 every minute !!
T5 First edition Crystal White
Christoph99

Post by Christoph99 »

Dove wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:24 pm Got told my T3 is now delayed until Mid September. Ordered end of March, originally told mid July, then mid August. Communication from dealer, non existent - only ever get updates when I chase.

I am trying to negotiate a loan car from the dealer in the meantime - has anyone had any success in doing this ? Thanks

On loan car, I'm now on my third one! Ended up with a V60 and paperwork validated for me to keep the car till January 2019!
brumb

Post by brumb »

Well some decent news for this member. My car has apparently arrived at the garage and, paperwork etc permitting I should get it on Thursday next week. I will believe it when I see it.
XC40 Inscription Pro 4WD Auto - Bright Silver/Blonde/19”/Ordered Early March/Arrived 7 August