Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Prompted my dealer for an update today. My FE is in the UK awaiting transportation to the dealer. A week earlier than expected. There is a small possibility I’ll be able to collect it next weekend. After such a long wait I thought I would be a bit more excited at the prospect of finally picking it up but have to say I’m finding it hard. Maybe I’ll feel the fizz once I’m behind the wheel...
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.

Bob

Post by Bob »

Rifleman wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:55 pm Prompted my dealer for an update today. My FE is in the UK awaiting transportation to the dealer. A week earlier than expected. There is a small possibility I’ll be able to collect it next weekend. After such a long wait I thought I would be a bit more excited at the prospect of finally picking it up but have to say I’m finding it hard. Maybe I’ll feel the fizz once I’m behind the wheel...
I know where you are coming from, I feel pretty much the same. I got a bit of a buzz when I saw it in the dealers compound, but finding it hard to get excited about. :roll:
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Girs76

Post by Girs76 »

My dealer called yesterday to say my car was in the UK, pretty much on schedule. Should be with them Friday, and ready for me to collect on Monday. I'm like a bairn waiting for Christmas Day.

Volvo XC40 Momentum T4 Auto Onyx Black
Ordered mid July, where I was quoted October 11th for delivery.
Graad

Post by Graad »

Girs76 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:14 am My dealer called yesterday to say my car was in the UK, pretty much on schedule. Should be with them Friday, and ready for me to collect on Monday. I'm like a bairn waiting for Christmas Day.

Volvo XC40 Momentum T4 Auto Onyx Black
Ordered mid July, where I was quoted October 11th for delivery.
Great news for you :)
Did you take any of these options ?
- Heated windshield
- Heated front seats
- Full LED lights
- Tinted rear windows

Ordered last week of May and delivery in February.
Or maybe you got a pre-order...
T3 Momentum Aluminium grey + blond interior.
Order date : June 1st 2018.
Delivery Date : February 4th 2019. :D
Girs76

Post by Girs76 »

None of those, the only things I added were folding mirrors and a wireless charging pad. I wonder if, as per some stuff I’ve read, it’s certain options- though I don’t know which- that are holding some cars up.
Graad

Post by Graad »

Girs76 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:41 am None of those, the only things I added were folding mirrors and a wireless charging pad. I wonder if, as per some stuff I’ve read, it’s certain options- though I don’t know which- that are holding some cars up.
Ok Thank you ;)
Indeed, I was asking because these particular options i chose can lead to significant delays of weeks/months.
T3 Momentum Aluminium grey + blond interior.
Order date : June 1st 2018.
Delivery Date : February 4th 2019. :D
TinaA

Post by TinaA »

I ordered my car in March.
It was manufactured on 12th of September. Now, almost one month after, it still hasn’t arrived.
I chose R-design with almost all equptment except heated rear seats and power front seats.
It was build in time, actually 2 days earlier than expected.
The problem is transport. After almost 4 weeks nobody can tell me where the hell the car is and when it’s arriving.
I was asking them nicely and politely, and dealer’s response was “We don’t know”. Today my father had enough, he is really impatient and this kind of attitude pisses him off. He went to the local Volvo center, demanded boss and later today I was informed, that they are arranging individual delivery, so my car can be ready for me this Friday (in 2 days). Nice behaviour and being polite doesn’t get you anywhere this days...sadly :(
Girs76

Post by Girs76 »

Wow.
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

That’s unbelievable, TinaA, glad to hear you’re getting it soon though.

Can’t see from your profile, are you in UK? (Useful to have that info so we can tell if we’re discussing like-for-like!)
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
TinaA

Post by TinaA »

No, I’m from Slovenia.
But it’s approximately the same distance from Volvo factory to Slovenia as it is to London.
I posted this to let everyone see, that even though my car has all the “problematic” parts as heated windshield, seats, LED lights... the problem occurred at different stage.
And of course the attitude of dealers.