Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Cholsey

Post by Cholsey »

Hi Tom,
I also ordered on the 19th Jan and got my car late April. Something seems to have gone badly wrong for you to still be waiting.
I suggest you email the CEO of Volvo directly.
XC40 T5 FE; Bright Silver; 20” Alloys; Power Folding Tow-bar.
Ordered 19 Jan; Delivered 01 May

Mezzo

Post by Mezzo »

:roll: I agree everyone only has so much patience
all the uncertainty takes away what is supposed to be an exciting time and a nice experience .
Had a test drive in Jaguar just in case nothing develops very soon it is very smart and least you can get one in the flesh , your deposits not sat in someone’s else’s bank for an excessive time and drive it to me that’s what a car is supposed to be for (well you can get one at the moment until lots of people decide to go for it as an alternative ) it seems more realistic than feeling your new XC40 is a figment of your imagination !
Think 5 months is realistically a fair enough time to wait obviously if there was a crystal ball that gave you some certainty that may be different hey ho you live and learn
KentishWelsh

Post by KentishWelsh »

Been asked to choose a reg plate for mine. Does that carry any meaning - eg that it physically exists and isn’t a pile of bits on a Belgian factory floor?
D4 Inscription
MichelR

Post by MichelR »

Glad that we in the Netherlands don't have to pay a deposit when you order a car..
Can cancel order when the delay even get longer than now predicted half September.
Ordered a XC40 T4 R-Design in Bursting Blue.. Supposed to get he car in mid May but delayed. Will be build on 10th of September
KentishWelsh

Post by KentishWelsh »

MichelR wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:49 am Glad that we in the Netherlands don't have to pay a deposit when you order a car..
Can cancel order when the delay even get longer than now predicted half September.
You will definitely have the car by September.

Unfortunately we don’t know September of which year....

:-)
D4 Inscription
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

KentishWelsh wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:18 am Been asked to choose a reg plate for mine. Does that carry any meaning - eg that it physically exists and isn’t a pile of bits on a Belgian factory floor?
Sounds promising. I haven't been offer that for my more recent cars but have in the past. Typically its a sign that they are close to registering, and so will have the VIN etc. Equally though it still might be a month (or longer) away....

Hope they offered something "interesting" in terms of plate.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
KentishWelsh

Post by KentishWelsh »

Boomer wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:44 am
KentishWelsh wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:18 am Been asked to choose a reg plate for mine. Does that carry any meaning - eg that it physically exists and isn’t a pile of bits on a Belgian factory floor?
Sounds promising. I haven't been offer that for my more recent cars but have in the past. Typically its a sign that they are close to registering, and so will have the VIN etc. Equally though it still might be a month (or longer) away....

Hope they offered something "interesting" in terms of plate.
Sadly nothing even remotely interesting or personal. But that’s ok: if it’s a choice between a cool plate and a car to stick it onto....
D4 Inscription
varavital

Post by varavital »

Well, if it can make you feel better, we ordered at the 21th of January, and our delivery date has changed also quite a few times. Last date told is 23th of July. But just as you, I doubt if we will have it then...
Ordered a T4 FWD R Design.
The road is more important than the destination.
GerVO

Post by GerVO »

Finally
It has arrived...

58C0B31D-9C14-4452-9EEE-283C92A0B4D1.jpeg

ste12

Post by ste12 »

GerVO wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:41 am Finally
It has arrived...
Congrats GerVO. Looking good!! Could that be the first non FE R Design on the forum?
D3 R Design. Silver. 19s. Tow-bar. Ordered 1st March. Delivered: July 10