Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Bob

Post by Bob »

Graad wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:10 am How FE versions can be produced or delivered after orders made months after ?
I believe all the FEs that were scheduled to be built (there was a limited number), were built first before all other variants that were subsequently ordered. These were all delivered between March and July I believe.

However, the success of the FE model was not anticipated, it was so successful that all allocated stock had been sold within 24 hours of the launch night. In the meantime Dealers continued taking orders over the next few days. When they realised they had a problem the bigwigs at Volvo had a meeting during the week following the launch and decided they would fulfill all the orders already taken, and extend the order book for the FE by another 3 weeks (I think). Trouble was, slots had already been allocated for building other variants of the XC40, i.e. R-Design, Momentum, and Inscription. Therefore, slots had to be shuffled to insert additional runs of the FE later in the year. This was further complicated by the factory running out of certain items (e.g. headlight washers, certain wheel types/sizes, heated windscreens, etc.), all of which caused further delays.

I ordered my FE on the Saturday morning after the launch (which was on a Thursday in February), and took delivery of the car 3 months ago.
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)

Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Graad wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:10 am
Celticxc60 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:54 am Well I collected my ex demonstrator yesterday (in a snow storm) Had an excellent handover and the towbar and spare wheel had been fitted as required. My first impression is that it is much easier to drive than my old XC60. We shall see.

However the main point of the post is that whilst I was there the dealership received a delivery of eleven (11) XC40's. I asked the salesman when they were ordered and some of them (First Editions) had been on order since launch in Feb/Mar 18!!!!!! At least there will be 11 happy customers in the next few days.
How FE versions can be produced or delivered after orders made months after ?
An FE is just an R-Design with all the options boxes ticked so no obstacle to building them to FE spec...
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
Graad

Post by Graad »

Made a call today and I got some updates.
Still no production date, but maybe 1 week to 10 days of delay to delivery.
I was excpecting a delivery on February 4th, it looks like it will be more between the 15th and the 20th.
It will make about 8 months and a half.
T3 Momentum Aluminium grey + blond interior.
Order date : June 1st 2018.
Delivery Date : February 4th 2019. :D
Graad

Post by Graad »

Got a call today, the car has arrived two days ago !
Will collect it monday the 4th.
TrevG

Post by TrevG »

Hi my car is now in Zeebrugge port just wondering how long it will be before It arrives at dealer then PDI and hopefully handed over
XC40 R Design T4 Fusion Red, winter pack, electric tailgate,Sunroof, reversing camera, mud flaps ,boot liner, fitted rubber mats, and spare wheel
Ian333

Post by Ian333 »

Graad wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:57 pm Got a call today, the car has arrived two days ago !
Will collect it monday the 4th.
How is it Graad?
Ordered T5 R-Design Pro with most of the bells and whistles in early May ‘18 and received delivery at end of Jan ‘19
Very Happy 😃... especially now it’s Polestarred
Graad

Post by Graad »

Ian333 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:11 am How is it Graad?
So far it's a wonderful car.
I am coming from a VW Polo so the difference is quite huge.
The car is so quiet and easy to drive, i really love it, i find the T3 enough for my use.
A bit lost with all the commands, but it's just a matter of time...
TheVens

Post by TheVens »

Just waiting for confirmation that i can pick mine up on the 1st March. Long wait since August. Maybe i shouldn't have specked the car up as much :)
T5 Inscription Pro / Crystal White/ 360 Cameras 20" wheels /Intellsafe Pro /Dolby Pro Logic/ plus other bits
jac830

Post by jac830 »

Hi guys... I know I’m very late here, but I ordered my XC40 yesterday (17/02/19) and my dealer said to expect delivery on the 26/04/19 (ambitious I know).
Today they called me back, saying delivery won’t be until mid June now. After reading through these posts, I’m getting worried now.
I’m just wondering how long it took your cars to be delivered, as I have to sell my current car (a 2016 Honda HR-V) as quickly as possible, to preserve resale value (a new model of the HR-V is due any minute) and I can’t be left without a car for around 4 months.
Is this V40 ‘Bridging’ scheme still available?
Would it be worth changing my order to a Inscription Pro instead?
Any advice is welcome
Thanks in advance (My car is a T4 AWD R Design Pro)
2019 XC40 R-Design Pro, Fusion Red, Xenium Pack, Winter Pack, Electric Tailgate, Harman/Kardon Premium Sound, 21” Alloys
bbf1986

Post by bbf1986 »

Sorry I can't help as I too am awaiting delivery - I ordered mine at beginning of February and I don't know if yours is a similar situation but my understanding from the dealership is that the model I had ordered (D4 AWD Auto Inscription Pro) was already allocated to them (i.e. they had already ordered it but could tweak options and colours etc) so I was told an April delivery date. I got the dealership to guarantee a price for my part exchange based on the April delivery date on the agreement that if delivery is delayed, it won't impact on my part exchange value.