Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
lamptramp

Post by lamptramp »

We have just this minute recieved a Email from Volvo "Your journey starts here" , "Your new Volvo XC40 is a symbol of versatility and elegance, designed to make driving simpler, safer and less stressful. You can view the progress of your order at the top of this email,"
Does anybody know the time it takes from here to Collection. We took up a cancelled order back in June and were told maybe collect end of October
- is this still posible?
Volvo XC40 Fusion Red 1st Edition T5 on order for October 2018. Took delivery 31st October 2018

Bob

Post by Bob »

Just been told by my dealer that the current forecast for delivery to them is Monday, they should be able to confirm on Friday when they receive a list of vehicles being delivered. Here's hoping!
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
David56

Post by David56 »

lamptramp wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:49 pm We have just this minute recieved a Email from Volvo "Your journey starts here" , "Your new Volvo XC40 is a symbol of versatility and elegance, designed to make driving simpler, safer and less stressful. You can view the progress of your order at the top of this email,"
Does anybody know the time it takes from here to Collection. We took up a cancelled order back in June and were told maybe collect end of October
- is this still posible?
Hello there,
Slight change of direction here but I notice what you have on order, I have had exactly the same as yours since mid May and it is absolutely brilliant, easily the best car I've had....enjoy when it comes.
First Edition T5 in Fusion Red with 20" Alloys.
Now Sold
ZED

Post by ZED »

lamptramp wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:49 pm We have just this minute recieved a Email from Volvo "Your journey starts here" , "Your new Volvo XC40 is a symbol of versatility and elegance, designed to make driving simpler, safer and less stressful. You can view the progress of your order at the top of this email,"
- is this still posible?
Is it normal to be notified directly by Volvo, as opposed to the dealer? If so, at what stage would they notify you? I would guess that it may be at the point of commencement of construction, judging by your post.

My order is down for ‘starting life’ on 12 October and completion by 16 October, with delivery to me by end of the month.

It has been a loooooooooong wait and am getting a little excited and hungry for information.

ZED
XC40 D4 FE Polestar Crystal White. Charcoal Interior. 20” Wheels. Ordered 16 March, 2018
Original ETA June 2018 - now end of October 2018
trjim2k5

Post by trjim2k5 »

My car is with the dealer, picking up Saturday. Never got any email notifications directly from Volvo. I guess it depends on the dealer?
XC40 | Inscription Pro | D3 FWD Auto | Denim Blue | Ordered 29/03/18 | Delivered 29/09/18
Bob

Post by Bob »

trjim2k5 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:58 pm My car is with the dealer, picking up Saturday. Never got any email notifications directly from Volvo. I guess it depends on the dealer?
I suppose it depends if the dealer puts your email address on the details included in the order. I've had no direct notifications either.

Bob
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Bob wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:53 pm Just been told by my dealer that the current forecast for delivery to them is Monday, they should be able to confirm on Friday when they receive a list of vehicles being delivered. Here's hoping!
Fingers crossed for you mate
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
smartdj

Post by smartdj »

Picked my FE T5 up last week and have been having great fun out and about. Been advised by dealer to keep a check on the performance as I should run it in for the first 1,500 miles.. 300 down so far and enjoying every mile!! Was anyone else told to run their car in, seems strange in this day and age, remember doing that years ago but not so sure.
XC40 I T5 I FE I Silver with 20" I Ordered 9/3 I Due 18/9
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

My dealer told me to drive my car as I intend to drive it everyday as normal. Reckons a gentle break in just allows carbon to build up unnecessarily and dull the performance. I would have to agree with him, the the manufacturing tolerances are so tight now the usual arguments for either a gentle or hard break in seem outdated now. The the subject still seems to divide opinions massively!
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!
Beeko Bill

Post by Beeko Bill »

How long should we expect from notification that something is happening like a build date to delivery? Getting a bit concerned that my weekly updates from the dealership is of the ‘nothing to report’ variety when I am expecting delivery late October early November. Surely I should be hearing ‘they are building it in a week’ type info by now?