Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
RachThomo

Post by RachThomo »

PC40 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:12 pm I ordered mine in mid October 2017. As said above the only options were, petrol or diesel, colour of car, lava option depending on colour chosen and wheel size. The car had only been announced 3 weeks previously so your dealer is definitely incorrect in saying option only applied to later orders.
I went for 19’s for comfort and have no regrets in doing so.
Yes I do think they’re completely wrong on this. To be honest I’m not too fussed about the 20’s anyway as they’ll only cost me more in the long run for tyres! However if I can get something out of them for the mess up then I’ll be happy. I have already managed a boot mat and dog guard for the ridiculous wait, think I’ll go for rubber mats and mud flaps now!?
FE Osmium Grey and Lava! 20” wheels (although it’s arrived with 19’s and no headlight cleaning system). :roll: Ordered January 21st. Delivery date July 21st!!

Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

RachThomo wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:18 pm However if I can get something out of them for the mess up then I’ll be happy. I have already managed a boot mat and dog guard for the ridiculous wait
how on earth did you manage that, if you don't mind me asking?
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
RachThomo

Post by RachThomo »

Shaenei wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:07 pm
RachThomo wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:18 pm However if I can get something out of them for the mess up then I’ll be happy. I have already managed a boot mat and dog guard for the ridiculous wait
how on earth did you manage that, if you don't mind me asking?
On around the 4th date I’d been given the dealer said they would get in touch with the main Volvo UK guys, so i just dropped it in that when it does finally arrive it would be very kind of them to include a dog guard and boot mat with it too, my dealer said no problem and he would sort it out, and kept to his word. Can’t fault the guys at Malton at all they’re great, really helpful.
FE Osmium Grey and Lava! 20” wheels (although it’s arrived with 19’s and no headlight cleaning system). :roll: Ordered January 21st. Delivery date July 21st!!
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

RachThomo wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:17 pm
q3billy wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:49 am Looks so good! Congratulations!
I thought you were getting the 20" wheels?
Now there’s a story! So did I! Got home and saw they were 19’s, checked my paperwork, all that says 20’s, I even remember ordering them as they were a free option with the FE, my dealer however is convinced that they were never an option till the later orders!?
An argument to be had there when I’m next passing as my order documentation begs to differ! Anyone else had this issue?
Oh yeah, I see an argument coming up :lol:
Not great though is it? Every dealer says something different! I have a spec sheet here too for the earlier cars. All the no cost options for the FE and that was before they removed Shadow Technology from it.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Ordered my First Edition D4 on 14th March 2018 with an estimated delivery date of 31st May 2018.
Upon making my own enquiries to the Dealership in April/May discovered delivery had been delayed to the 5th October 2018.
I was hoping Volvo were now better organised and delivery may have come forward slightly, but not to be, a recent enquiry shows the delivery date to be 9th October 2018, only a further four days delay.
Under the circumstance with all the varying delays and problems I do not no whether this is good or bad news !
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FE | D4 | AWD | Crystal White | Charcoal | 20" Wheels |Ordered 14th March | Est Delivery 31st May | Revised Delivery 9th October
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Julian B wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:59 pm Ordered my First Edition D4 on 14th March 2018 with an estimated delivery date of 31st May 2018.
Upon making my own enquiries to the Dealership in April/May discovered delivery had been delayed to the 5th October 2018.
I was hoping Volvo were now better organised and delivery may have come forward slightly, but not to be, a recent enquiry shows the delivery date to be 9th October 2018, only a further four days delay.
Under the circumstance with all the varying delays and problems I do not no whether this is good or bad news !
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FE | D4 | AWD | Crystal White | Charcoal | 20" Wheels |Ordered 14th March | Est Delivery 31st May | Revised Delivery 9th October
I'd take it as good news. If you think of it like this
After 1 month of being ordered the forecast had slipped over 4 months. 2 months later it's only slipped another 4 days. Doesn't sound fantastic but tells me the forecasts are getting much more accurate and Volvo know where they are with the parts
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Rokebyblue

Post by Rokebyblue »

I ordered an Inscription Pro 4wd D4 on 23 March. I was told it was being built in the last week of May for early June delivery. My salesman tells me the computer has been saying it’s on the production line, ever since 29 May. This seems to suggest it’s one of those that has been parked up awaiting accessories which in my case can only really mean a reversing camera. He now tells me we’ve missed the 3 week summer shutdown so reckons I should have it early September. Any thoughts?
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

If it is one of those in the car park, I was under the illusion that they would be completed and shipped during the 2 week shutdown

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Rokebyblue wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:25 pm I ordered an Inscription Pro 4wd D4 on 23 March. I was told it was being built in the last week of May for early June delivery. My salesman tells me the computer has been saying it’s on the production line, ever since 29 May. This seems to suggest it’s one of those that has been parked up awaiting accessories which in my case can only really mean a reversing camera. He now tells me we’ve missed the 3 week summer shutdown so reckons I should have it early September. Any thoughts?
Sounds like he is fobbing you off with guesses and bull. Ask him for a full print out of the order system page(s) with all your dates on.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
DaveSig2018

Post by DaveSig2018 »

well very pleased to report my XC40 will apparently be at my dealership tomorrow. Due to work commitments I'll have to wait to Saturday to head over to check it out and sort paperwork etc with collection on Monday or Tuesday next week.

will update (with pics) as things progress - still of the 'believe it when i see it' mind just in case ;)
On order (April 2018) XC40 Inscription / T4 / Denim Blue / now on the road as of 30th July 2018!! :D