Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
User2506

Post by User2506 »

ChingfOrd, looks sweet! Love the contrast with the black grill and white paintwork, but then I might be a little biased :D
FE D4 AWD Auto Crystal White. Interior Black Leather Buck Suede. Extras: Dog Guard, Boot Mat. Picked up 2nd June.

RachThomo

Post by RachThomo »

chingf0rd wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:11 pm Yay!

yay.jpg

Everything present and correct!

Neighbour's XC60 looking on enviously...
Looks fab enjoy!!! Not envious much at all... :)
FE Osmium Grey and Lava! 20” wheels (although it’s arrived with 19’s and no headlight cleaning system). :roll: Ordered January 21st. Delivery date July 21st!!
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Chingford, congrats - Glad it has finally arrived for you, and of course an excellent colour/spec choice. Enjoy.

Perfect timing as you'll need a weekend to get through the manual and get it all set up to your own preferences.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

Boomer wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:59 am Chingford, congrats - Glad it has finally arrived for you, and of course an excellent colour/spec choice. Enjoy.

Perfect timing as you'll need a weekend to get through the manual and get it all set up to your own preferences.
Thanks! You're not wrong - we're going up to the Lakes in it - stone walls, narrow lanes - eek! :shock:

I can't believe how much tech is in cars these days. The Freelander we got rid of (5 years old) is ancient! I had the dealership tech consultant sit with me for 2 hours going through the functions - I didn't really need it, but it was amazing to see the deluge of options in Sensus.

Must admit, I'm glad to be back in a petrol - no hesitation in the T5 and very little roll (compared with the FL2) for a SUV. My slight disappointment is that the space and storage will need to get used to. It's a tad more enclosed and I thought the boot was bigger than the FL2, but it's only deeper, not wider.
MY19 FE / Crystal White / T5 / Polestar / Ordered Jan 2018 / Delivered June 2018
ste12

Post by ste12 »

chingf0rd wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:11 pm Yay!

yay.jpg

Everything present and correct!

Neighbour's XC60 looking on enviously...
Congratulations – looks amazing!!!
D3 R Design. Silver. 19s. Tow-bar. Ordered 1st March. Delivered: July 10
abby606

Post by abby606 »

Cancelled my order a few days ago. got totally fed up. Will try again next year, hopefully by then the T8 equivalent can be ordered.
MichelR

Post by MichelR »

Got Some update on the whole waiting game we are playing. 😉 😋
Someone on the dutch Volvo-forum who has a friend high up at the factory posted this info:
Delays are Indeed caused by suppliers who can not coop the demand. Frame around sensus screen seems to be the big problem now. He also said that there are around 5000 build XC40 on the parking lots waiting for various parts. So this also creates more delays.
Ordered a XC40 T4 R-Design in Bursting Blue.. Supposed to get he car in mid May but delayed. Will be build on 10th of September
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

MichelR wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:54 pm Got Some update on the whole waiting game we are playing. 😉 😋
Someone on the dutch Volvo-forum who has a friend high up at the factory posted this info:
Delays are Indeed caused by suppliers who can not coop the demand. Frame around sensus screen seems to be the big problem now. He also said that there are around 5000 build XC40 on the parking lots waiting for various parts. So this also creates more delays.

Basic supply chain management problems. Sadly shows up once more that Volvo aren’t running an effective sales and operations planning (S&OP) system.

975A186E-1D57-4262-BA6B-1D0826D38E14.jpeg

Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
MichelR

Post by MichelR »

Well if the suppliers cannot produce more that it stays a bottleneck.
And they predicted a success of the XC40. But not in this amount they are facing now in orders. Already more then 80.000 orders to the factory.
Ordered a XC40 T4 R-Design in Bursting Blue.. Supposed to get he car in mid May but delayed. Will be build on 10th of September
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

MichelR wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:10 pm Well if the suppliers cannot produce more that it stays a bottleneck.
And they predicted a success of the XC40. But not in this amount they are facing now in orders. Already more then 80.000 orders to the factory.

Exactly Michel - so if the actual orders exceed forecast (due to poor sales forecasting) then they have to either increase the supply of materials and production capacity in a timely manner to meet the extra demand OR not accept the orders, or at least give realistic extended lead times which it seems they were unable to do. One key mistake (among many I suspect) was to extend the availability window of the FE here in the UK. Maybe they did that with other options in other countries. They should have said that there was no more production capacity for FEs/R-Designs and told sales immediately to sell the other options instead. I am sure members on here who ordered later FEs won’t agree, but I am purely stating what they should have done to keep demand and suplly in balance.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o