Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

GemBar wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:54 pm I noticed Snowman has a delivery date of November for a XC40 T3, is this a new amended date ?

My delivery date has now changed 3 times, don't really want a forth!
I've ordered a T3 too, I haven't heard a single thing in 2 months. My delivery date was September and I hope it hasn't been pushed back further.

I went into my local dealer the other day and I spoke to him about it (not the dealer I ordered with) and he said he's got a T3 Momentum coming in next month.
He also told me he has a First Edition coming in which was a cancelled order if I'd be interested. I'm not sure how it all works though, whether I could transfer my order from one dealer to another or whether I'd have to cancel, get my deposit back and then order with a different dealer...
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red

GemBar

Post by GemBar »

I know dealers do transfer vehicle's between each other (you scratch my back scenario) although these vehicles are like gold dust...
You should ask your dealer and see what he can do, no harm in trying and becoming a proud owner of a rare species sooner rather than later
XC40 T3 R Design | Winter Pack | Heated Rear Seats & Steering Wheel | Front Parking Sensors | Power Tailgate | Osmium Grey | Ordered Mid March for Delivery June / October / September | Now driving as from 14-09-18
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

GemBar wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:57 pm I know dealers do transfer vehicle's between each other (you scratch my back scenario) although these vehicles are like gold dust...
You should ask your dealer and see what he can do, no harm in trying and becoming a proud owner of a rare species sooner rather than later
Well the First Edition they have coming in is a D4 so that's out for me, I just don't want diesel.
He also told me I'd have to cancel my order with the dealer as I've placed an order within a different parent group which is a shame. If it was a T5 I'd be so tempted to go through the hassle of cancelling and re-ordering but as my orders been in place for a few months now there's no point in me cancelling for a D4, I'd rather have the lower powered, less well-equipped car I've got coming.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate

GemBar

Post by GemBar »

I don't do the mileage to warrant the extra money to have a diesel and don't believe the extra power makes any difference in all fairness. I have a V40 R-Design at present in a 2.0 Petrol and the XC40 T3 is still faster 0-60 and overall speed.

I have spent my money on extra's instead, your vehicle has also got some good extra's on and I'm sure your be more than happy when you go and pick it up, It will be worth the wait.

You can always have the Polestar Performance Optimisation, now £695 instead of £835

Wording taken from email I was sent from Volvo below
The improved performance is most noticeable in the mid range of the engine revs, where you need and use it most during active driving. For example, when over-taking or accelerating out onto a busy road.

All Polestar Performance Optimisations are approved by Volvo and does not affect your car’s warranty, certified fuel consumption, emission values or service intervals. The fact that the resale value of your car will most likely increase is a nice bonus.
XC40 T3 R Design | Winter Pack | Heated Rear Seats & Steering Wheel | Front Parking Sensors | Power Tailgate | Osmium Grey | Ordered Mid March for Delivery June / October / September | Now driving as from 14-09-18
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

GemBar wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:38 pm
You can always have the Polestar Performance Optimisation, now £695 instead of £835

Wording taken from email I was sent from Volvo below
The improved performance is most noticeable in the mid range of the engine revs, where you need and use it most during active driving. For example, when over-taking or accelerating out onto a busy road.

All Polestar Performance Optimisations are approved by Volvo and does not affect your car’s warranty, certified fuel consumption, emission values or service intervals. The fact that the resale value of your car will most likely increase is a nice bonus.
Polestar apparently available from July 16th.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
User2506

Post by User2506 »

My first choice was petrol and after taking ownership of my D4 FE I am bowled over by the quietness of the engine and low rev power. Overtaking is such a breeze. Not sure if Polstar will add enough to be worth considering on a D4.
FE D4 AWD Auto Crystal White. Interior Black Leather Buck Suede. Extras: Dog Guard, Boot Mat. Picked up 2nd June.
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

GemBar wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:38 pm You can always have the Polestar Performance Optimisation, now £695 instead of £835
Polestar wasn't available when I placed the order but I'm so tempted to add it to my order. :D

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:47 pm My first choice was petrol and after taking ownership of my D4 FE I am bowled over by the quietness of the engine and low rev power. Overtaking is such a breeze. Not sure if Polstar will add enough to be worth considering on a D4.

My understanding is that it will benefit a diesel more than a petrol engine.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

pjm007 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:28 am
wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:47 pm My first choice was petrol and after taking ownership of my D4 FE I am bowled over by the quietness of the engine and low rev power. Overtaking is such a breeze. Not sure if Polstar will add enough to be worth considering on a D4.
My understanding is that it will benefit a diesel more than a petrol engine.
I thought it only gave about 10bhp on the D4 - looked at it briefly but decided it was still a lot of money for not much gain. I don't feel like the D4 needs any extra poke really. I'm really lazy in mine ... I find planting my foot in Comfort mode gives me plenty, haven't used Dynamic yet - most of my driving has been commute motorway/town, or I've had the bikes on the back. I need to get out on the country lanes without bikes, then I'll maybe try the extra modes :)

p.s Sorry - off topic :oops:
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Yes - should be in Polestar thread! But - don’t think it’s just about bhp Kirsty it’s more about lower/mid range torque and that’s stronger in the D4 than eg the T5.