Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Teeceee wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:07 pm Capture.JPG

looking good...

Don't want to be pessimistic TC but until you see an “actual build date (week)”, and an “actual factory complete date”, I wouldn’t rely too much on those other dates. Good luck though.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o

senwar

Post by senwar »

Just been advised mine is arriving later today and I can collect tomorrow.

Quick turnaround but probably due to the fact they were going to give me a loan vehicle this evening (as of yesterday car wasn't due to arrive until Monday which was a week later than expected)
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Well done senwar. You got there in the end. Knowing my experiences with loan vehicles it can be hit and miss so perhaps a quick turn round is a very good thing.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
senwar

Post by senwar »

Thanks Boomer. I've been carless since last Friday (handed company car back) so the longer it went on the more annoying it was. Especially as the weather is awful and my only mode of transport is my trusty Vespa PX (can't even borrow the mrs' car)! Communication hasn't been the best but getting there.

Actually debating whether to wait until Sunday to pick up now as not around Saturday anyway. But will probably not want to wait that long lol
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
KentishWelsh

Post by KentishWelsh »

I have more clarity now but as expected it’s not great news.

Emailed my dealer and was told that while June was the expected date when I ordered (late March), Volvo have only now confirmed a date for the car and it’s showing delivery in November - though “we hope that delivery may come forward but cannot be certain”.

I take from this that there may be an element of expectation management going on, but then again maybe they think cancellations will re-jig the order eventually.

I also asked if changing specification or trim was likely to help. They say no, since all models will be about the same timescale.

Ah well. That’s 5 more months’ equity I’ll have on my current car when I trade it in.
D4 Inscription
Marketry

Post by Marketry »

Just spoke with my dealer and they think my 1st March order may not arrive till next year.

Said they received a communication from Volvo today aimed at managing the order pipeline which includes the options of a cheap rental on a V40 or just give the deposit back.

I'm rapidly losing interest and wandered round a few alternative showrooms today.
T5 White - 19 inchers for sanity not vanity
ste12

Post by ste12 »

The whole delivery thing is a complete shambles. Think they should actually pull the car from UK website and remove from showrooms as it's misleading... pointless people even looking. Bring them back out when some availability... probably 2020 at this rate.
D3 R Design. Silver. 19s. Tow-bar. Ordered 1st March. Delivered: July 10
robbo

Post by robbo »

I absolutely agree with ste12 there should be a law on what they are doing, all they are doing is taking deposits to give them
a guide on how many and what type they need to build.

They should give a confirmed date to a customer on taking the order, when they cannot come up with the car ordered at the agreed time, they should be forced to double or treble the deposit back to the customer and pay the customer a daily rate of say £50 for every day they are late. At the present time the dealer only needs to give the customer his deposit back and wipe his hand of the deal, as soon as you have left the showroom with your deposit back they will put someone else in your place (job done). Making them pay a fine would focus there mind very quickly I would have thought.
Harv7722

Post by Harv7722 »

Ordered my XC40 R-Design Pro T4 on the 11th March Phoned my dealership today 26/04/18 they have reassured me my delivery month is in July as far as they know nothing has changed.

Hope this helps
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Not saying you're wrong Harv but I ordered the same date as you, and people who ordered before us have had orders put back to September or later

Just saying don't get your hopes up
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October