Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
robbo

Post by robbo »

Hi Macksher

Think long and hard about Jag I had an Evoque for 10 months from new, of the road for 9 weeks everything went wrong and customer service was terrible and they did everything in their power not to take it back. This was my worst car in 40 years of driving new motors (its a transit underneath the box shape) except the Transit might be a lot more reliable. I think they have massive quality and engineering problems that they manage to keep from the public. Just look up the reliability records of all the major magazines. They are using an old Mondeo Jaguar chassis from over 10 years ago, believe it or not , the F-pace is a lot lighter than the full fat E-pace with the duff 2.0 Diesel engine that the DPF soots up every few thousand miles the DPF light is never off then you have to take it to the nearest motorway to blow it out, it doesn't blow it all out it some sits and builds up till you need a new DPF at the cost of £1300 then you have the added problems of engine oil dilution (it a bit technical) to explain all the problems this can cause.
They were riding on a crest of a wave a few years back now they can't give them away, I get 20% discount on the junk I told them I would never take another one at even 50% off that's the truth not worth the hassle when a new car is in for repairs more than its on the road.

Macksher

Post by Macksher »

Thank you - the DPF issue and reliability was an initial concern as a friend had this on an older XF model
I will give Volvo a few more weeks to get a realistic date I think but I cannot wait indefinitely ! I need a car!
robbo

Post by robbo »

Hi

I would try and get a cheap car at you local car auction then sell it back through (get it cheap so it will get your money back)when your Volvo is ready and delivered,.

The Volvo will keep its value a wee bit better than the run of the mill carbagge going about just now, you will say in the months to come
I wish I stayed with the Volvo order lol !

My 2017 brand new Evoque even the rear hatch fell down on one side to hit the rear light cluster in two weeks that's build quality for you , now the government has hit them hard with the diesel taxes and most of their production is over 80% diesel what a way to run a company. Instead of their head in the air they should have been listening to government ministers warning them of impending doom and get out of diesels.
AndyP

Post by AndyP »

Hi Andy S. are you an “ex” FE owner or are you still a FE owner?
T5 FE Bursting Blue 19” Wheels plus Towbar
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

AndyP wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:26 pm Hi Andy S. are you an “ex” FE owner or are you still a FE owner?
Assume you are referring to F Pace FE ownership - To which I am now an ex owner. I had a Black FE (one of the special additional FE's offered after they ran out of blue ones). Was a great drive and fortunately I did not have too many issues, however decided to get out before things potentially went wrong and also started to see depreciation (even for this very limited edition) go through the floor. Swapped it for an Audi S5 Coupe as Mrs S was getting the XC40 so I could justify a more 'sporty' car :)

Swapped on New Year's Eve - JCT600 still have the F pace for sale - They keep on dropping the price but still no takers - Me thinks that word is getting around on how poor JLR are becoming.
T5: Crystal White: 1st Edition: 20" Wheels: Lava Orange: Rubber Mats: Tow-bar: Proud owner since early April :D
AlexK

Post by AlexK »

If you select R-Design in the configurator, it now says “N.B. Limited availability. Please contact your retailer for updates.”
Cancelled after waiting 3 months to be told delivery will take 11 months.
Marketry

Post by Marketry »

AlexK wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:17 pm If you select R-Design in the configurator, it now says “N.B. Limited availability. Please contact your retailer for updates.”
That's interesting. I'd happily swap to an Inscription Pro. Which parts of an R Design are causing the bottleneck?
T5 White - 19 inchers for sanity not vanity
AlexK

Post by AlexK »

Probably all of them. D3 also in constraint. If you’re happy to swap, would be worth having a chat with your dealer, chances are you’d get it sooner.
Cancelled after waiting 3 months to be told delivery will take 11 months.
be0ne

Post by be0ne »

Hello,

I've been reading this forum for the past month.
I live in France (not far from Paris) and I ordered a T3 R-Design on march 3rd. At first the vendor estimated the delivery date to mid-June and has since informed me it will probably be mi-August. At least, I have a date which is not the case for all the orders placed a week after mine.
I just hope it won't slip again :D
XC40 T3 R-Design (+packs & options) ordered in March - delivered August.
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

Marketry wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:28 pm
AlexK wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:17 pm If you select R-Design in the configurator, it now says “N.B. Limited availability. Please contact your retailer for updates.”
That's interesting. I'd happily swap to an Inscription Pro. Which parts of an R Design are causing the bottleneck?
I too saw that message on the configurator just now.
I'd happily swap mine for an Inscription Pro as well, I just wouldn't know what colour to go for as they're all so boring for the Inscription.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red