Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

Like AndyP, my 15th March FE order is also in the holding pool awaiting allocation of a build date. Latest update from dealer was that Volvo are reporting that the date may not be allocated until early May.
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.

chelsey

Post by chelsey »

ste12 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:19 am I think the only chance (slim) of an order being sort of on track is if it's an FE. One of the dealers on another forum said:

"As far as I'm aware the earliest that we in the UK (and likely anywhere else) are seeing non-first edition vehicles is around the June/July time. As far as I'm aware this isn't down to any kind of production issues, although I can confirm we don't have an Automatic variant available in the UK either...."

Think the majority of us on March onwards orders are in same boat. I would start to get a bit annoyed if I were to start seeing the model I've ordered on the road (D3) as I ordered on the first available date for non FEs but no signs of anything non FE.
When were you first able to order a non FE?
Black Stone D3 R Design XC40|Ordered 10/03|Collecting on 22/09
ste12

Post by ste12 »

I ordered my non FE D3 R Design on 1st March. I'd agreed and would have ordered on 24 Feb. Dealer showed me screen on 24th and only option on the system pre March 1st was for FE. Had to wait until 1st March until all other variants became live and orderable. I'm kind of thinking I got in as soon as I could for my spec so would like to think I'm relatively frontish of queue for D3 but what transpires who knows! Have been told I won't even get a date on the system until "week 26" (end of June) as "shortage of D3 engines". I know there's a "shortage" of petrol variants too so I'm thinking less of a shortage more none of those engines are built and ready to go at all. I have a feeling the only engines available now are D4 and T5 i.e the FE engines. Looks like the success in general and the success in particular of the FE has knocked everyone else (variants) back from the original end of May dates lots of us were hoping for.
D3 R Design. Silver. 19s. Tow-bar. Ordered 1st March. Delivered: July 10
chelsey

Post by chelsey »

Macksher wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:14 pm I ordered 15/3 told June delivery
On 7/4 told end of July
Today told end of September /early October......
At this rate it will be Christmas 🙄
Someone’s not very good at their planning job and someone needs to take control and confirm honest accurate timeframes to ‘their’ customers.
Honesty is the best policy !
Nice to see you’ve actually had some communication from them. I ordered on the 10/3, agreed with them a 01/6 delivery and I haven’t heard a peep since! Popped by the dealership the other day to find out and he has no information regarding my order and he said he’s already had to upset a few customers telling them they won’t be receiving theirs until late this year/early next! Not looking hopeful for 01/6 now..
Black Stone D3 R Design XC40|Ordered 10/03|Collecting on 22/09
Macksher

Post by Macksher »

I wouldn’t have ordered one if I’d known it was going to be that long- hence the need for transparency
I don’t think there is any honesty and don’t expect to see a car before November from what ive been reading
My first impressions of Volvo customer service are not great (volvo 1st timer) and as much as I love the FE I’m beginning to regret ordering it ....
Marketry

Post by Marketry »

Macksher wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:48 am I wouldn’t have ordered one if I’d known it was going to be that long- hence the need for transparency
I don’t think there is any honesty and don’t expect to see a car before November from what ive been reading
My first impressions of Volvo customer service are not great (volvo 1st timer) and as much as I love the FE I’m beginning to regret ordering it ....
Agree but what are the viable alternatives? Had a look look at an Audi Q2 but it's a car that the only emotion I feel for it is ambivalence. One of the the attractions of the Volvo is it felt a bit less #MeToo. Based on the supply issues it's scarcity will be even greater.
T5 White - 19 inchers for sanity not vanity
Macksher

Post by Macksher »

Yes I also looked at the Q2 and e-pace but there was just something not quite right about the q2 for me and jag just weren’t getting anywhere close with their deal!
The xc40 ticks all my boxes but I’m not sure I can wait 9 months or maybe longer for a car! And they are not filling me with confidence they will honour the deal
Maybe jag may be worth a revisit.....!
Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

Good luck if you go down the jag route, build quality and reliability are not their strong points from my experience with the f pace
T5 First edition Crystal White
Macksher

Post by Macksher »

Good to know thanks
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Michaelxc40 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:53 pm Good luck if you go down the jag route, build quality and reliability are not their strong points from my experience with the f pace
Agreed - (Ex 1st Ed owner)
T5: Crystal White: 1st Edition: 20" Wheels: Lava Orange: Rubber Mats: Tow-bar: Proud owner since early April :D