Free DATA for MY2020

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Tangsoodo

Post by Tangsoodo »

Finally my dealer has called me back after an unanswered email and a promise of 2 call backs. They said that Volvo had announced this free Data without really letting the dealers know and with no rollout of what to do. They have some sims and are going to post one out to me but I got the impression that they are only dealing with it when people shout up about it

USERof XC40

Post by USERof XC40 »

My dealer ordered the SIM and had it available the day after I called. Quite straightforward, so far. Going to collect it tomorrow.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Hey everybody. So we picked up our car on 29th of September. As said before on another thread, our sales guy was a bit sketchy about the sim. Is there a way of knowing if it’s been installed or is it a physical look that’s required. The reason I ask is that I’m sure that I read somewhere that if you remove it, I creates issues.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
USERof XC40

Post by USERof XC40 »

In the settings there's a car modem option that would inform you if there's a SIM in the modem.

A physical check is easy - lift the boot floor and prop it up. Take out the moulded liner under the boot floor. The SIM holder is at the left hand back of the boot - a bit of a stretch!!

The MY2020 manual will show both methods.

Best to get the page by page PDF version of the manual rather than the hyperlinked online version
I find it easier to browse.
USERof XC40

Post by USERof XC40 »

Here's the page with the PDF download on. Part way down the page it says Owners Manual - click on that and download the file.

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/manuals/xc40/2020
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

USERof XC40 thanks again. Most helpful.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.