Free DATA for MY2020

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Cjwye

Post by Cjwye »

Hi

Can someone confirm if using the sim via the car modem utilised 4G to then enable WiFi?

I have an unlimited phone sim (virgin) and was thinking of putting this into my car sim slot - or am I better to put it in a phone and connect the phone via the usb?

varavital

Post by varavital »

Cjwye wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:25 am Hi

Can someone confirm if using the sim via the car modem utilised 4G to then enable WiFi?

I have an unlimited phone sim (virgin) and was thinking of putting this into my car sim slot - or am I better to put it in a phone and connect the phone via the usb?
Just put it in the phone, and connect the phone via bluetooth. If necessary, use the app "Blue Car Tethering" to connect automatically.
The road is more important than the destination.
Cjwye

Post by Cjwye »

Thanks for the reply but it doesn’t really answer my question.
If putting the sim into the modem means I get the best and most convenient WiFi then I would rather do that but I don’t know if it is.

I can always connect a phone at any time on top of that if need be.
Shipsinker

Post by Shipsinker »

Must remember to keep at the dealer before delivery so that if possible the sim is there when I go to pick up the car.

Regarding the Glacier Silver, I do like it it is an interesting colour-as long as no one says when are you getting the car painted! I occasionally just think it a bit like primer!
D3 Mometum Manual in Glacier Silver.

Added on smartphone integration, rear camera, front parking sensors, winter pack and convenience pack
Happningj

Post by Happningj »

I’ve followed the instructions to the letter. The car is connected but I can’t register for the account.
Apparently this is a known problem but has anyone got a fix?
I’ve started a thread in the technical/faults section

Thanks
XC40 T3 Inscription | Glacier Silver | Charcoal
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Instructions worked perfectly for me with the supplied SIM, even easier with the SIM I already had installed.
Happningj

Post by Happningj »

There is a similar thread running on the VOC forum about install issues. Looks like there is some issue with Apple’s IOS or Safari. I’ve just set it up using a Windows PC and it works a treat.
XC40 T3 Inscription | Glacier Silver | Charcoal
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Hi

Just tried to set up the whole Vodafone thing without success.
Followed some instructions but my iPhone wouldn’t connect via the car. I’ve downloaded Firefox and will try it again. So, is it just for registration and then I can dump Firefox?
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Tangsoodo

Post by Tangsoodo »

I emailed my stealer yesterday to ask if I should have the free sim ( picked car up about 10 days ago).
USERof XC40

Post by USERof XC40 »

Tangsoodo wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:31 pm I emailed my stealer yesterday to ask if I should have the free sim ( picked car up about 10 days ago).
Same here. They emailed back today and will have the SIM ready for pickup from tomorrow.