Free DATA for MY2020

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Can I ask a question about this whole data thing? As I understand it, my car when it arrives, will have access to apps. Can the main screen show graphics and video? Apologies if this is a silly question but I don’t know what apps are available and the type of apps that can be displayed.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.

AyrshireXC90

Post by AyrshireXC90 »

All MY20 cars are eligible according to the dealer and what I have read
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Dermottdog wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:55 pm Can I ask a question about this whole data thing? As I understand it, my car when it arrives, will have access to apps. Can the main screen show graphics and video? Apologies if this is a silly question but I don’t know what apps are available and the type of apps that can be displayed.
All you need to know about Volvo in car apps is here-

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/topics/in-car-apps/entertainment/car-apps
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Perfect. Thanks Skyrimmer. I’ll have a read.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
DmoXC40

Post by DmoXC40 »

My dealer told me that it needed to be installed by them and they would need to update some apps. Haven’t really had a chance to play with it yet but keep getting a connection error. Does the SIM card need to be registered? And if so how? The dealer provided me with a 100GB/365 day Vodafone sim. Will save me a job to phone the dealer up again tomorrow. Thanks in advance.
XC40 T4 R-Design Auto FWD (MY20) - Glacier Silver / Convenience Pack / Sunroof / Rear Camera
Ordered - 4 May / Expected Delivery - 4 July / Picked up 27 July
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

Mine also had connection error after the SIM was put in. Car WiFi was ok but couldn't register the internet service. The dealer thought it was signal strength but it still didn't work after it was at different location with maximum no. of signal bar. However I tried it again the next morning, everything was fine. Guess the SIM needs to sync with the mobile network and that takes few hours.
DmoXC40

Post by DmoXC40 »

I’ve managed to get the SIM card to work after managing to get sight of some instructions from the dealer. Turns out that the car wasn’t handed to me with it set up properly and having followed the instructions myself, I don’t think they followed it through properly. In my case, they didn’t change the Mobile Data address (section 5 of the retailer process) but it now works. As a tip I would recommend using your phone to hotspot first then to switch it across to the car to act as the modem. Hope the following instructions help.

PS - I’ve had to annotate the page numbers as the photos don’t seem to upload in the order I want them too!

CEE0D575-7D7C-4B16-9313-2AAF0BAC4FA9.jpeg

5E2BC68B-1819-430A-A9DE-887B6BD03E85.jpeg

6D27F5B3-0D89-4548-A60A-6C5D6554E3D1.jpeg

XC40 T4 R-Design Auto FWD (MY20) - Glacier Silver / Convenience Pack / Sunroof / Rear Camera
Shipsinker

Post by Shipsinker »

Hopefully the dealer will have done this when mine comes, if not this will be really helpful, thanks DmoXC40.

How are you finding the Glacier Silver? I ask as me picking a colour for mine was a process of elimination leaving me with that.
D3 Mometum Manual in Glacier Silver.

Added on smartphone integration, rear camera, front parking sensors, winter pack and convenience pack
DmoXC40

Post by DmoXC40 »

Shipsinker wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:21 pm Hopefully the dealer will have done this when mine comes, if not this will be really helpful, thanks DmoXC40.

How are you finding the Glacier Silver? I ask as me picking a colour for mine was a process of elimination leaving me with that.
You’re more than welcome. I’ve picked up a lot of useful info and tips on here, so only returning the courtesy to such a great forum.

I’ve found that it the sim takes about 15 seconds to ‘connect’ once you start the car. The key is to look out for the globe icon which appears in the top left corner of the sensus. Once it’s up, it’s all good to go.

Re Glacier Silver - I’m glad I made the change from my original order. It’s more white than silver in the sunlight - something which I really like. Have had a number of compliments and for me a cheaper option than paying for the premium white which is what sold me on getting the R Design in the first place to get the contrasting black roof look.
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Just received my SIM in the post after lots of chasing the dealer, will replace the Three SIM we currently have in the car.