Volvo XC40 hybrid

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
lfpcorreia

Post by lfpcorreia »

From what I’ve found on the web, Volvo wasn’t the first manufacturer to do this. Honda started it..

[url]https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a15347690/volvos-latest-twin-engine-plug-in-hybrid-powertrain-explained/[/url]
T5 Twin-engine Momentum Plus

VolvoNL

Post by VolvoNL »

Hi there, I have also ordered the T5 Twin Engine (262 BHP) back in June 2019. According to my Volvo dealer I could test drive the T5 Twin Engine in November 2019... Will keep you guys up-to-date.
XC40 T5 Twin Engine, Inscription, Denim Blue, Blonde, Full Options
haf63

Post by haf63 »

I am interested in understanding why the guys ordering the hybrid are not waiting for the full electric as thats going to be available not long after. Is it price, range or timing?
VolvoNL

Post by VolvoNL »

Range (and perhaps looks as I am not too sure whether I like the new “electric” grille)
XC40 T5 Twin Engine, Inscription, Denim Blue, Blonde, Full Options
hanifJ

Post by hanifJ »

haf63 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:54 am I am interested in understanding why the guys ordering the hybrid are not waiting for the full electric as thats going to be available not long after. Is it price, range or timing?
Range mainly - I am often in the middle of no where for several days and full electric just would not work. Also timing, placed my order last week (will not have it until March.........)
Current Car: Audi A3 S-Line Black Edition (with every option)

New Car: Volvo XC40 Hybrid (not so many options as you actually get some kit)