Delivered a week early with wrong wheels!

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Boxybutgood

Post by Boxybutgood »

Glad it worked out for you. Life's never simple!
XC40 T4 AWD Inscription Pro + Options. Delivered November 2018.

DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

When it is your word against theirs it is always going to be a nightmare so i think you have done the best thing.

Out of curiosity how much are they at cost?
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
ShiftySixSpeed

Post by ShiftySixSpeed »

DarrenF wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:46 pm When it is your word against theirs it is always going to be a nightmare so i think you have done the best thing.

Out of curiosity how much are they at cost?
I'm not sure to buy as a set, bit the upgrade price from 18's on a factory build is £525.
They are doing them at £400 and despite my best efforts, that was as low as they could go, claiming that is cost to them (as they are a sponsored dealership who are privately owned etc)....

The 19's certainly look nicer. I know there will be a marginal ride quality compromise, but it's worth it I think.

Images below are from google, but the wheels, colour and model are all the same.

Screenshot_20190726-183617_Gallery.jpg

ak_volvo_0911.jpg

PC40

Post by PC40 »

Looks good. I’ve got 19” wheels on my car through choice. I could have had 20” wheels as no cost option. I’ve now had the car for 16 months, done 15,000 miles mpg average 31.2 and absolutely no regrets re choice. Car drives very smoothly and 19” wheels absorb a lot of road imperfections and also are good at avoiding kerbs.
XC40 T5 First Edition|Bursting Blue |delivered end of March 2018
ShiftySixSpeed

Post by ShiftySixSpeed »

Yeah, the more I compare the 18's next to the 19's the more aesthetically pleasing they are. I love the colour too!
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

They do look good, but for me with the sports suspension, I think the ride may have been just a little bit too firm on our poor roads. With the 18" I've got they are an inch up on what I had on the Yeti though with 50 aspect ratio compared to those on the XC40 of 55 and find the ride quite similar which I'm happy with. I find the look of the 18" fine unlike on some Jags which have tyres verging on balloon tyres! I guess they are 60 aspect ratio?

I have 19" and sports suspension on the TT which is enough for me!

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
ShiftySixSpeed

Post by ShiftySixSpeed »

Well, she's here! Lovely to drive but having clocked up nearly 500 miles in 3 days, the front Conti's are shocking in the wet. Then again, the roads in the north east seem to me laid using teflon grease.

20190730_160756.jpg

20190730_104859.jpg

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

You've done more miles than me already! Had it 2 weeks and only done 350. Though did do a longish run to a National Trust place in the TT as it was roof down weather which would have put more miles on if we had used it.

They do look good in Bursting Blue and like you have found it lovely to drive. I have Contis on the TT and have never found them wanting for grip - perhaps you need to put a few more miles on them to get rid of all the release agent and bed them in? I have Michelin Primacy on mine which is a pity because whilst grip is good and they are pretty quiet the ones on the Yeti starting cracking between the sidewalls and tread and I got an advisory on the first MOT. The tyres, especially the rears, still had plenty of tread on them. Evidently they are known for this.

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
ShiftySixSpeed

Post by ShiftySixSpeed »

ChrisLF wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:03 pm You've done more miles than me already! Had it 2 weeks and only done 350. Though did do a longish run to a National Trust place in the TT as it was roof down weather which would have put more miles on if we had used it.

They do look good in Bursting Blue and like you have found it lovely to drive. I have Contis on the TT and have never found them wanting for grip - perhaps you need to put a few more miles on them to get rid of all the release agent and bed them in? I have Michelin Primacy on mine which is a pity because whilst grip is good and they are pretty quiet the ones on the Yeti starting cracking between the sidewalls and tread and I got an advisory on the first MOT. The tyres, especially the rears, still had plenty of tread on them. Evidently they are known for this.

Chris
Oh crickey, that's not very good. I've never had a set of tyres last that long anyway, usually 12-18 months but then I do a lot of miles...
The conti's are eco-contact 6. I've nearly always had a more performance oriented tyre for summer use, so these are not giving the levels of confidence that I'd like for a vehicle of this size (of which I've had many). However, where I am visiting my brother and family in the north east, the roads have always been notoriously greasy compared to Shropshire roads...
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

As you are changing tyres that often you won't have any problems. The Contis on the TT are 5 years old now and did get a mention of cracking between the treads at this year's MOT. Again annoying as it's only done 10k. but it's the age of course.

Chris