Aftermarket roof bars

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Just to update the thread, ended up getting a Summit set of roof bars as they had a What Car best buy.
Easy enough to fit and work fine with our bike racks - only issue is that the car isn't as wide across the roof as out Tiguan was, so can only get 3 bikes on as opposed to 4.

stu22

Post by stu22 »

Just to update this thread for future reference, we purchased the Summit branded bars due to them winning the What Car award however after a year of light use they have failed.
We have only used them for bike and kayak racks, after using our kayak at the weekend I was unable to remove one of the bars - both fasteners had failed and for a while I was worried I would damage the car removing it. Fortunately managed to get it off after inflicting a little GBH to it!

Looks like Amazon will be refunding me the full amount, will likely buy a set of Turtle or Thule bars to replace them with
mss911

Post by mss911 »

Hi Stu22 - sorry these didn't work out but many thanks for the keep us all updated. Hope the Turtle or Thule bars work out better!
Grick_Rimes

Post by Grick_Rimes »

Hey.

I'm after some bars for my new XC40. Realise this is an old thread but wondered how the Turtle bars held up? Or anyone have any experience with any others?

Likely to go camping once (maybe twice) a year so hoping to pick up for sub £100.

Cheers
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Turtle ones are excellent so far, no problems unlike the previous brand.
Use ours for bikes and kayaks.....
FirstTimer

Post by FirstTimer »

Hi All, need a value set of roof bars just for occasional use - so the Thules at £200+ new are a bit too much.

Saw roofbox.co.uk recommended on the Facebook group, and they have Cruz bars, which would be about £140 with locks included. Anyone got any experience with Cruz or the website? Or any recommendation for other bars? Will be used to carry a Halfords 400 litre roof box, and maybe bikes.

These are the ones I'm looking at https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbveh ... a%7Dop0PIM

Any advice welcome!
XC40 Inscription Auto, MY22, T3, Denim Blue. 360 Camera, Dark Tints, Seat Pack, Smartphone Pack. Was due September 2021, now October, and now end of November, finally January! 6 1/2 months :roll: . New to Volvos :D
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Can't speak to any Volvo or third party bars, but in our camping days we bought a Kamei roofbox from them to use with our Skoda stuff, and were very satisfied with our purchase, their service, and price. Based on that, 👍🏻 for roofbox.co.uk.

If I needed bars now, I'd go for the Volvo ones. You can set up a search on eBay, and get emails when any are listed.

Good luck.
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21