Steering wheel chrome insert ?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Ben20

Post by Ben20 »

Hello :)

I found several pictures with a "sport steering wheel" which is different of what I see in the configurator and lot of other pictures
I precise i don't speak about R design steering wheel, but only a chrome insert on the lower part of the steering wheel.

"sport"

"normal"

Fairly disappointed with this quite cheap steering wheel on inscription level..

senwar

Post by senwar »

Why is it quite cheap on the inscription?

The 'chrome' insert is just a piece of chrome coloured plastic anyway
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
Ben20

Post by Ben20 »

Yeah, quite cheap for my opinion.
You have really wood in dashboard and doors trims, leather, swedish flash detail, and so on and it's obvious that the lower part of the steering wheel may be chrome insert in other version (as r design for example).
I don't understand this choice from Volvo, or they can purpose a "sport" steering wheel with chrome insert in option ;)
But here, nothing :/
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

It is a chrome insert on my Inscription. (MY 2019, UK spec)
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
senwar

Post by senwar »

Ben20 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:23 pm Yeah, quite cheap for my opinion.
You have really wood in dashboard and doors trims, leather, swedish flash detail, and so on and it's obvious that the lower part of the steering wheel may be chrome insert in other version (as r design for example).
I don't understand this choice from Volvo, or they can purpose a "sport" steering wheel with chrome insert in option ;)
But here, nothing :/
But even if they did (and the reply above suggests they do) you would still be getting a plastic cover only.
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
michael123

Post by michael123 »

I saw I think on AliExpress, but it is indeed plastic
bdalameda

Post by bdalameda »

On my R-Design the insert on the bottom of the steering wheel is made of metal not plastic.
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

balmoral wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:59 pm It is a chrome insert on my Inscription. (MY 2019, UK spec)
Interesting, I don’t have it on my 2019 spec Inscription Pro, just The chrome around the side arms, not the lower arm. I also did expect it on the Inscription and in Inscription badge like the boot. Hardly the end of the world though, and bigger things to worry about in life.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Mine was one of the first Inscriptions in the UK, they must have dropped it after that. Around that time they were having trouble fulfilling orders because they had underestimated demand and suppliers of some components couldn't keep up, that may have had something to do with it. Still sounds a bit cheap on behalf of Volvo there!
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18