Struggling to specify

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Chrsmi

Post by Chrsmi »

Really struggling to spec up an XC40 - the options list is long, moving through the trim levels doesn't get you any more kit, and finding a compromise is proving tough.

Have been stung in the past on residuals as not got anything back for option expenditure when PCP trading in early, that said I'm aiming to PCH this time.

At present I'm thinking:

D3 Momentum
Intellisafe Pack
Xenium Pack
White Pack / Black Wheels
Osmium Grey

but then I also want to add CarPlay/Wireless charging, and justifying £350 and £175 respectively seems pretty tough.

How did you guys approach it?
D4 First Edition | Fusion Red, 19" Alloys | Estimated Delivery: Late June/Early July
Switching from: Seat Leon

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Wasn’t aware you could configure a Momentum yet. Presumably not on the Volvo UK website which still seems to offer only First Edition options.

It seems most posters on this board to date have been early birders who ordered the First Edition. That’s been easy to do because everything is bundled in and the only choices are colour, lava carpets or not, and wheel size.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Chrsmi

Post by Chrsmi »

I've been using Carwow in lieu of the Volvo web config.

FE is tempting, but I don't really need the economy hit that AWD D4 offers, 2WD D3 is fine - but the one lease site I've found with options on says Intellisafe/Xenium packs add £50/mo each so FE seems likely it may be the only way.

But then I'm conflicted by loads of awkward combinations - like I don't particularly like the suede seat centres on R-Design/FE, but you can't have lava orange on Momentum... TOO MANY CHOICES!
D4 First Edition | Fusion Red, 19" Alloys | Estimated Delivery: Late June/Early July
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Well we have had some debate here on Lava. I think its a good thing you can’t have it in on Momentum! Others would disagree.

I did a quick flick through the pricelist and your config looks like it might total around £36k/£37k (?). If so, you should be able to negotiate an FE at that figure or below, and that comes with everything loaded you could ever wish for. A PCP or PCH deal should then also match or beat the monthly payment for a lightly loaded Momentum. A PCP from Volvo direct comes with a finacial contribution and free servicing.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Chrsmi

Post by Chrsmi »

With a £2k deposit and 15k/yr the FE quote I’ve just had back was £468/mo, which seems a little steep to me - but maybe it’s my guide that’s out of kilter! Would be interesting to hear other’s rates, if they’re prepared to say.
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

My deal is around the same monthly payments for the FE, but with zero deposit..
T5: Crystal White: 1st Edition: 20" Wheels: Lava Orange: Rubber Mats: Tow-bar: Proud owner since early April :D
Chrsmi

Post by Chrsmi »

Thanks Andy, that’s more like it, is that D4? You on 36 or 48 term, and do you mind me asking which dealer?

(Sorry for all the q’s!)
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Hi there.....
48 month term, monthly figures helped by a healthy injection of a Volvo incentive for placing order on the FE early. It's a T5 version.
Dealership is Riverside based in Doncaster.
T5: Crystal White: 1st Edition: 20" Wheels: Lava Orange: Rubber Mats: Tow-bar: Proud owner since early April :D
Alfa_forza

Post by Alfa_forza »

I also found it difficult to spec up the xc40. I found that if I go up the trim levels a lot of what I personally wanted to have I still had to add on top. Example Inscription is quite a high trim level but I would still like to add smartphone integration which is £300 also tinted rear windows , and for heated seats you have to go up to the pro which puts the price up quite a bit. I was quite happy with momentum trim and I just added all the things I wanted separately like smartphone integration, heated seats, heated rear seats, folding mirrors, front park assist. It worked out cheaper for me than going momentum pro or inscription pro then adding all the bits I really wanted and paying extra for the things I wasn't bothered about. Took me a while though. Price came in at £970 initial roughly and £325 a month for 48 months, 12k. Free metallic paint included.