Sensus screen protector

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
stu22

Post by stu22 »

For anyone like me that hates the mucky prints on the Sensus screen, I can highly recommend the Brotect screen protectors - very easy to fit and stops all the finger prints. Also being a Matt finish they stop glare and reflections.

ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

stu22 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:45 pm For anyone like me that hates the mucky prints on the Sensus screen, I can highly recommend the Brotect screen protectors - very easy to fit and stops all the finger prints. Also being a Matt finish they stop glare and reflections.
+1
grime

Post by grime »

G'day from the land of OZ,

I have ordered a screen protector (supplier is RUIYA?) and am wondering what are your favourite products for cleaning the existing screen?

I plan to thoroughly clean the screen surface and surrounds before fitting the screen protector and, obviously, don't want to use chemicals or solvents that are going to attack the screen or surrounding material.

AND whilst on the subject of cleaning - what are the preferred products for cleaning the standard Volvo 18" wheels? Again I am concerned about long term effect on the wheel surface and tyre compounds. Presumably water soluble cleaners are preferred, do you all agree?

All other advice or comments welcome.

We do wash our vehicles here in OZ (sometimes) .....

thanks and regards
Deleted User 1894

Post by Deleted User 1894 »

Anything that's not acidic would be fine for cleaning the wheels. I've been using various products for years and had no ill effects from doing so. You can also use iron/fall-out remover if you want.

Choosing an Australian on-line shop at random, this would be an excellent product:

http://www.ppcco.com.au/bilt11.html
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Is there just one sort of Brotect screen protector or two? Looking on Amazon some adverts mention Airglass and some don't.

For the wheels I've only ever used the car shampoo that I use for the rest of the car.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
stu22

Post by stu22 »

I could only find one type, I purchased through ebay from a German company.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Did some Googling and FilmsProtection24 list 3 types. Matte, HD and Airglass. A review, not for the Sensus, went for the Airglass, so I'll go for one of those.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
stu22

Post by stu22 »

ChrisLF wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:09 pm Did some Googling and FilmsProtection24 list 3 types. Matte, HD and Airglass. A review, not for the Sensus, went for the Airglass, so I'll go for one of those.
Aaaahhh, get your question now. I went with the Matt finish - blends in perfectly.
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

+1 for the matte version.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Skyrimmer wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:58 pm +1 for the matte version.
And +1 from me. The matte version is great. Fitted mine on day one of having the car, I posted back in October last year with suggestions on how to fit the brotec avoiding problems with dust...
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.