On line owners manual. A lot to learn.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
jd40

Post by jd40 »

I've been looking at the on line version of the xc40 owners manual. It consists of 640 pages in PDF format. Looks like we'll be spending a lot of time exploring the workings of the car.
XC40 T5 First Edition, 20inch wheels, fusion red, charcoal

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

It's certainly a beast of a manual. I can see the first 4 hours of ownership sitting in the car working through it.. haha.

There is also the "quick guide" and the "Sensus navigation" manual which has some duplication to the main manual but certainly in the case of the Sensus manual contains a bit more info than the same section in the core user manual.

All manuals are also available through the "Volvo Manual" app (both apple and android) which might be handy to have to hand. The app is quite good for searching for a specific item but for first read or two I've found the pdf better.

Have you looked at the Volvo-on call app yet?
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
jd40

Post by jd40 »

Not looked at the Volvo on call app as yet but I hope it’s better than the Jaguar in control app which regularly fails to connect when you need it.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Can't speak to how well it works but thought that the demo (built in) looked promising. Not sure how often I'd use it - but the preconditioning would have been welcome this morning.

I can also see myself using the driving journal functionality.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
jd40

Post by jd40 »

Agreed, the pre heating feature on the Jaguar is one that I couldn’t do without. Just need someone to clean the snow off the side windows.
wakey

Post by wakey »

All the manuals are on the Volvo Manual app too but not great to read on your phone 🤓 I didn’t bother reading my V40 manual and 3 years in I still found things I didn’t know I had 😳

My XC40 delivery will be the end of March hopefully so I’ve plenty of study time available 👍
Black (inside and out) XC40 First Edition D4, 20” Wheels and a dog grille :D Collection Saturday 7th April (ordered 6th January).