XC40 Sensus questions

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
johnd

Post by johnd »

I'm coming round to thinking that my decision on buying an XC40 or not might hinge on the details of Sensus operation. I've got the impression that it's not always as convenient as it could be, but maybe I've misunderstood something.

Q1: If I have the large map view open in the Sensus screen then what's the minimum number of clicks to change the radio station to another specific favourite and then revert to the large map view? I'm a bit allergic to voice commands but happy to use other button presses if available. On my current ICE it's 3 presses, ie

1. Hit the Radio button
2. Review the list of favourites then presented as icons with labels and press whichever one appeals
3. Hit the Nav button to revert to large map view

Q2: If I have the large map view open then I don't seem to be able to swipe left or right to access media or car functions - it just moves the map. So if I want to just the large map routinely do I always have to shrink it first before trying to access another function?

Q3: How would you compare the 2 screens of car settings, ie the main left (or is it right?) swipe from the home screen and the main settings page that drops down from the top? I get the impression that there's a lot of overlap between the two, but I'm tempted to think of it as the swipe L/R giving access to the most commonly used settings, most of which are either on or off, vs the main settings page which is fully comprehensive. In other words, the swipe L/R is effectively an easy-access or shortcut route to those on/off functions that you might need quickly on the road?

Deleted User 1240

Post by Deleted User 1240 »

In answer to Q1 you can keep the full screen map and scroll through your favourite stations by using the left/right arrow buttons on the right of the steering wheel.
johnd

Post by johnd »

pp67 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:09 pm In answer to Q1 you can keep the full screen map and scroll through your favourite stations by using the left/right arrow buttons on the right of the steering wheel.
OK, thanks. Where do I see which station is offered as the next selection? It does sound like there might be a number of button presses involved. eg if I'm currently listening to favourite #1 and I might want to got to #6 then I've got 6 button presses, checking the display in between until I see the correct one.

NB This isn't meant as a criticism - I'm just trying to understand what adjustments I might need to make in my driving routine. I know it's just a tiny thing, but sometimes these details add up to a significant nuisance factor. But often it's just adjusting to a different way of doing things that's required.
Deleted User 1240

Post by Deleted User 1240 »

Yes, you would just have to scroll through one by one.
If you did it via the screen it would be 5 presses from full screen map back to full screen map.
If you can live with the slightly smaller screen map then it would be 3 presses.
If you can cope with just the map between the dials then obviously you can leave the main screen on the radio list.
As you say, I'm sure you'd adjust pretty quickly.