Does first edition have parking camera?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Chrismgreen

Post by Chrismgreen »

Nor sure if on of the options installed is a parking camera function or just audible sensors... Any body confirm pleasr
XC40 FE | D4 | Crystal White | Black interior: delivery date? Got it end April..

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

See the Pricelist

- page 7 sets out that the first edition has the Xenium pack
- page 9 sets out that the Xenium pack includes "Parking Camera 360º Surround View"
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

First Edition has 360 degree parking camera plus all sensors, Park Assist Pilot, bells, whistles, etc.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Chrismgreen

Post by Chrismgreen »

Thanks was not sure, off to review next week... Could be bye bye Evoque.,unfortunatly the best and most reliable car I have ever had 5 years 1 set of replacement tyres not one hick up! If only FE came with optional light coloured interior!!
XC40 FE | D4 | Crystal White | Black interior: delivery date? Got it end April..
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Good luck. I am sure you'll like.

It seems to swings and roundabouts with volvo first editions . It's a variation of the old you can have anything as long as it's in black. Although to Volvo's credit they have thrown in the orange/lava as a option (for the interior).. On the flip side the FE comes with every option available at a price that is a knock down if you wait and then spec up an non-FE to the same FE specs.

I presume Volvo do this for two reasons - 1. the FE's stimulate sales (could be seen as a bargain) and gets cars on the road for others to see and 2. it trains up the production lines to be able to fit everything. [There might be a third (which I don't want to think to hard about) which is that it maximises the number of options/test vehicles on the road and we are then their guinea pigs to iron out/spot any issues.]

I was thinking of an Evoque myself on this round but it did seem plagued by problems (so you look to have been fortunate) but at the end of the day the XC40 was a comparative bargain and (for me) just a more modern design.

Let us know how you get on.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
jd40

Post by jd40 »

Our 360° Camera shows you a high-resolution bird's eye view of the area surrounding your Volvo – a great help when you reverse or manoeuver in confined areas with impaired visibility. The system uses four cameras: two at the door mirrors, one at the front and one at the rear. By touching the camera images on the centre display, you can get a view from just that camera. The rear camera can also be switched to a zoomed-in view close to the car, particularly convenient when hitching a trailer.
XC40 T5 First Edition, 20inch wheels, fusion red, charcoal
jim4244

Post by jim4244 »

Chris, does your Evoque have the 2.2 Ford Diesel engine that was later replaced by the 2.0 Ingenium engine?

Jim
Chrismgreen

Post by Chrismgreen »

Jim...

2.2 diesel pure tech 2002...plus it had a spare wheel!! Ever been stuck at night looking at a pathetic pump and a pool of rubber goo slowly dribbling down the road..... You only do it once. So happy to see FE has a Teal spare