Stop start not working

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

I am having issues with the stop start on my T4. I thought it was a battery issue as I am aware it is disabled when the battery is low and I have been doing a lot of short runs. However even after being on a battery optimiser and having two 200 mile runs in 3 days the "Ready" symbol in the display is still greyed out and yes the stop start option is activated in the settings. Any thoughts?

Deleted User 1945

Post by Deleted User 1945 »

Hello,

I haven’t picked up my XC40 yet, but assuming it’s the same as the V90 then the following must be satisfied in order to work:

1.Drive mode: either eco or comfort only.
2.Cabin climate temperatures not set too high or too low or too large a difference between set temperature and actual temperature.
3.seat heating temperature already achieved (ie not heating them up from cold)
4.Engine and gearbox operating temperature achieved.
5. once the car has stopped moving. Pressing down on the foot brake will turn the engine off. If you have auto hold enabled you then can take your foot off the foot brake.

This is all based on an automatic gear box, if you have a manual then I assume you have to be in neutral with the clutch full up.
boroman

Post by boroman »

Hi Wedgie. I had this happen a few months ago. Turned out to be the small start/stop battery needed replacing. I assume the battery you are referring to is the main battery which you have had on the optimiser? Anyhow took the vehicle to the dealer who promptly order and changed the battery all under the warranty , no further issues. Cheers.
Red XC40 FE D4 20" Alloys
Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

Thanks for the reply's so far "Another XC40" I have all the things you list checked and it is still not working. "boroman" I think you might be correct will have to get it checked by the dealer.
CesarCastro

Post by CesarCastro »

Hi

Mine XC40 has 2 months, and in the beginning start/stop didn't work for the first 4 days I drove it.
First it started with ECO mode, and then the Comfort mode.
It works when it decides it wants to work :).

What "AnotherXC40" says its true.
This week Portugal had 35 degrees and start/stop did not work, too much effort for the AC.
If the car is new, it will work .
Of course the main reason for what "AnotherXC40" wrote, is to protect the battery.
Check it.

César Castro
XC40 T3
Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

Turned out it was the battery. It is being replaced by the dealer today.