April software update

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Gre

Post by Gre »

After the terrible software update that I had in January with my first service, I had lost internet connection from the car, applications failed to update, and car gps going crazy and for some reason oil level was overfill. Today car went in for a new update and all works perfect now apart from error message for the oil , funny enough now oil level is critically low. Guess will have to get the car in again. Just a quick note car is polesared and now it shows on the display once dynamic mode is selected.

B66BE183-2CC2-453B-9C25-104225615CD8.jpeg

D4 R design FE bright silver 20 wheels.

abby606

Post by abby606 »

Must be a pain to drive with your head upside down though :lol:
Ian333

Post by Ian333 »

Oooohhh... I like the Polestar showing in dynamic mode.

I’ll have to see if my dealer will do the update outside of a service as I’ve got 8 months to wait for that??
Ordered T5 R-Design Pro with most of the bells and whistles in early May ‘18 and received delivery at end of Jan ‘19
Very Happy 😃... especially now it’s Polestarred
Gre

Post by Gre »

:D :D and I was wondering what you were talking about . Looking at the photo from an iOS device looks ok, now looking from a windows PC, photo is upside down. :lol: :lol:
abby606 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:51 pm Must be a pain to drive with your head upside down though :lol:
Last edited by Gre on Wed May 29, 2019 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
scottpcs

Post by scottpcs »

Ian333 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:57 pm Oooohhh... I like the Polestar showing in dynamic mode.

I’ll have to see if my dealer will do the update outside of a service as I’ve got 8 months to wait for that??
If Polestar being displayed in dynamic mode is really a thing then I can't wait for my car to get the update! Has the drive mode selection also changed in the menu from Dynamic to Polestar?

Can any UK owners that have had the Polestar treatment and the software update clarify the existence of this feature?
XC40 FE D4 AWD Auto - Crystal White ¦ Charcoal ¦ 20" AND Headlight Washers! ¦ Polestar
Gre

Post by Gre »

scottpcs wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:58 am
Ian333 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:57 pm Oooohhh... I like the Polestar showing in dynamic mode.

If Polestar being displayed in dynamic mode is really a thing then I can't wait for my car to get the update! Has the drive mode selection also changed in the menu from Dynamic to Polestar?

Can any UK owners that have had the Polestar treatment and the software update clarify the existence of this feature?
Nope dynamic mode is still showing in the drive mode selection in the central console. Polestar only shows in the driver’s digital cluster display.
scottpcs

Post by scottpcs »

Gre wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:40 am
scottpcs wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:58 am

Nope dynamic mode is still showing in the drive mode selection in the central console. Polestar only shows in the driver’s digital cluster display.
Oh well, can't have it all I suppose but it's a start. A common complaint among those early adopters for the Polestar treatment, including myself has always been that there's no way to prove that the Polestar software has been applied to the car except for the bit of paper you get when it's been done to certify it.

This should make it much easier to prove.
XC40 FE D4 AWD Auto - Crystal White ¦ Charcoal ¦ 20" AND Headlight Washers! ¦ Polestar
Ian333

Post by Ian333 »

Apparently it is a thing depending on the country... why it should be different, I have no idea but it seems it is...

BB842802-FDAD-4DF7-8850-9F6D595BF11B.jpeg

Ordered T5 R-Design Pro with most of the bells and whistles in early May ‘18 and received delivery at end of Jan ‘19
Gre

Post by Gre »

:shock: that is much better to have it on the central display. Maybe at some point in time this upgrade will be available. Does it show as well on the driver’s display?
Ian333

Post by Ian333 »

Yep, apparently it does!

This isn’t my car though, it’s from a Facebook group I’m on...

B8FDACE1-09BC-4B84-83DA-8C5739D8FFA3.jpeg