Calling all Thunder Grey owners

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
aj05

Post by aj05 »

Just collected my Thunder Grey/ Red interior Inscription Pro from the dealer and the colour is beautiful much nicer than phots I have seen, a couple of the ladies working in the showroom commented it is one of their favourite colours.

Having driven it back home to surrey from Birmingham I am very happy with how every thing works and no problem with voice. other than it couldn't find radio4 extra only radio 4 but a minor issue and the phone worked well between myself and my friend who drove me up there The higher seating position is good. The MPG was indicated at 37 most of which was on motorway cruising at 70mph with normal roads at each end of the trip
The road noise on the 19" wheels was a little noisier than my V70 especially over concrete on the M25 but overall acceptable

aj05

Post by aj05 »

Photos of my thunder Grey Inscription Pro T5

03.jpg

02.jpg

01.jpg

04.jpg

Deleted User 1945

Post by Deleted User 1945 »

Looks fantastic, colour is great!
Duncraig

Post by Duncraig »

I think the Thunder Grey looks great.
I’m still waiting on a photo of a XC40 in Pebble Grey - hoping someone gets a delivery soon and can post a photo. My car is due to be delivered on July 15th.
retos

Post by retos »

Hi Everyone! I also wanted originally to order R-Design in Osmium Grey, but was informed at the dealership that it has been replaced by Thunder Grey, and the only option to "see" the color was from the tile or the configurator (totally misleading). It is very strange to my opinion, how can Volvo put a new color on sale, without making it first available to dealerships for customers to see.
It is also a very strange choice to stop such a classic and successfull color like Osmium grey and replace it with a questionable one.. Does anyone know why?
Thank you all for the photos of the new Thunder Grey. Should anyone have some more, i would really appreciate it if you share, as i am expecting mine end September but only have until the 15 of July to change order.
Duncraig

Post by Duncraig »

I found detailed photos of several of the new XC40 MY20 colours at a US dealership site.
fairfaxvolvo.com

They have several photos of a MY20 Thunder grey and Pebble Grey in their inventory .
Kas1010

Post by Kas1010 »

Just picked up my 2020 thunder grey r design on Saturday.

Absolutely love the color. It looks more grey than the bluish photos I’ve been seeing on this thread. Already gotten 2 compliments from the valets. I think it looks especially good with the contrasting black roof
Deleted User 1945

Post by Deleted User 1945 »

Just got the call from the dealer - cars in the UK! Can't wait to pick it up on the 12th of July! Excited!!! I'm tempted to ask the dealer to send me a photo....perhaps I'm going a little far with this and should just wait until the 12th!
stu22

Post by stu22 »

AnotherXC40 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:55 pm Just got the call from the dealer - cars in the UK! Can't wait to pick it up on the 12th of July! Excited!!! I'm tempted to ask the dealer to send me a photo....perhaps I'm going a little far with this and should just wait until the 12th!
Ours is due to land on the 12th July now, fingers crossed as the dealer has gone a little quiet and we are in a hire car as of Tuesday!
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Was parked next to an XC40 yesterday and from the link to Fairfax Volvo it appears that it was Thunder Grey.

Surprising really as the description for me conjures up quite a dark grey not a pale bluish grey.

Fairfax haven't got the photos or descriptions the wrong way round have they?

Edit: Reading back it appears that they are probably right but I still can't believe how light it was, though it was in quite bright sunlight. I think the photos and comments show how risky it can be ordering a car without seeing the colour on a car beforehand.
Last edited by ChrisLF on Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.