Question re cruise control & ACC

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Burmey

Post by Burmey »

I didn’t get a handover with my car and I’m having issues with my cruise control.
I have adaptive cruise control on my car and from the manual it appears I can turn this option off and just go with CC if I so wish .
I’ve followed the instructions but I’m damned if I can get the ACC to switch off and I don’t get any words ”going green “ by pressing the centre button.
What could I be doing wrong?
V40, XC90, XC60, and now First Edition 2nd owner since November 2018 XC40 Red.

Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

I have Intellisafe pro so it may different if you don't.
If you press the arrow to the left of the steering wheel button it scrolls through CC, ACC and Pilot Assist. When you are on the one you want press the button and you should get it.
I find ACC great but can't get on with Pilot Assist so its a shame you cant have ACC on its own as with many other cars.
Ian333

Post by Ian333 »

I’m in the UK so not sure if all countries are the same but...

On the left hand buttons on the steering wheel, you can scroll with the left/right buttons to choose from speed limiter / cruise control / pilot assist.

The cruise control option is either normal cruise or adaptive cruise and this can be configured in the settings menu on the centre screen (swipe from right to left to find the setting)

Hope this helps?
Ordered T5 R-Design Pro with most of the bells and whistles in early May ‘18 and received delivery at end of Jan ‘19
Very Happy 😃... especially now it’s Polestarred
Burmey

Post by Burmey »

Thanks. That’s a bit weird though. As far as I’m aware I have intellisafe pro as I have a First Edition. If I press the left arrow it scrolls between pilot assist and speed limiter. It doesn’t seem to give me the option of bog standard cruise control.
I don’t like pilot assist either but I can have Adaptive cc without the lane control. But it seems not Cc on its own. Which is totally contrary to the manual. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤔
Burmey

Post by Burmey »

Ian333 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:14 pm
The cruise control option is either normal cruise or adaptive cruise and this can be configured in the settings menu on the centre screen (swipe from right to left to find the setting)

Hope this helps?
This was key ! Thanks so much for this. I hadn’t got that option highlighted. Now I’ve selected it, hopefully it will work next time. Thanks again
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

Burmey wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:51 pm
Ian333 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:14 pm

Hope this helps?
This was key ! Thanks so much for this. I hadn’t got that option highlighted. Now I’ve selected it, hopefully it will work next time. Thanks again
I've never realised that (a year in) . . . . The ACC drives me daft is busy traffic but I didn't realise I could do back to normal CC.. I'll be using that loads now, Thanks! :)
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)