Genuine Volvo GAP insurance + other stuff

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 1945

Post by Deleted User 1945 »

Septercius wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:50 pm Be careful when buying GAP, as some policies won't cover you if the price of your car increases in the meantime, such as with inflation or any post-Brexit price increases. So if your car costs £42K when you buy it, but it gets totalled after two years and would cost £44K to replace, you'll need to find another £2K.

Some providers offer an additional type of policy that covers this shortfall. Obviously it costs a bit more.
Thanks for the advice - one last thing which price do you use for the gap insurance the list price or the price after discounts?

Deleted User 1894

Post by Deleted User 1894 »

You use the price you paid, i.e. after discounts.
hammo

Post by hammo »

New to Volvo.
Has anyone recently purchased, used and tested the alloy wheel and tyre insurance cover offered by Volvo?
XC40 B4P AWD Inscription, sunroof, winter pack, conv. pack, apple play, spare wheel, mud flaps.
Paint and interior protection, 5 years service option. SPARE KEY @£75 :( :( :(
Denim blue, automatic,
(arrived 14 Nov. 2020) 😉
:D
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

hammo wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:32 pm New to Volvo.
Has anyone recently purchased, used and tested the alloy wheel and tyre insurance cover offered by Volvo?
You are far better buying independent insurance. The sales people are desperate to sell you these at inflated costs as they get commission.
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
hammo

Post by hammo »

Thank you Chris.
I think i will give it a miss, i very rarely get punctures and catch my rims on the kerb.
XC40 B4P AWD Inscription, sunroof, winter pack, conv. pack, apple play, spare wheel, mud flaps.
Paint and interior protection, 5 years service option. SPARE KEY @£75 :( :( :(
Denim blue, automatic,
(arrived 14 Nov. 2020) 😉
:D