Pirelli Pzeros noisy?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
morrsn

Post by morrsn »

Hi,

So I’ve just recently driven 10,000 km with my T5 momentum and feel the pzeros on 20 inch rims are extremely noisy at anything over 80kmh.

I know this may be quite the long shot but has anyone else with the same set up changed tires and if so has it made any difference regarding road noise?

Tia

Don Eladio

Post by Don Eladio »

Hi, I have never actually owned a pair of p zeros myself, but I've heard that they can be quite noisy, which gets particularly worse the more they wear over time.

However, this is coming from drivers of the likes of cars such as mustangs and 991s, so this oculd be a very different story on a Volvo. I have also read that it varies based on the size of the tyres you fit as well.
Deleted User 1894

Post by Deleted User 1894 »

Looking on Blackcircles.com (UK tyre supplier), the EU noise rating for the tyre that has the "Volvo" icon for it - 245/45 R20 V (103) is 70dB (or level 2). So it shouldn't be terrible, but it's not as brilliant as it could be. The same site lists a Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 3 SUV ("W", not "V" - so higher rated) that has a decimal rating of 69dB (level 1), so that should be a little quieter.