Samsung Galaxy mobile data tethering issue

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Bestfan

Post by Bestfan »

Dear all,

I have the following issue. Currently have a Samsung Galaxy s8 that is connected to my xc40.

When sharing WiFi through either Bluetooth or WiFi hotspot the internet goes through fine.
When switching to mobile data tethering through either Bluetooth or WiFi hotspot the internet doesn't reach the car.
Tried this with my girlfriend's s7 as well however didn't work either.
Tried with a friend's xiaomi and worked flawlessly with mobile data.

Any suggestions???

Thank you all in advance :D
Ordered: XC40 Momentum FWD, Black Stone, with Park assist, Rear camera, charcoal leather and headlining, inductive charging.
Expected: late December / early December

Felim_Doyle

Post by Felim_Doyle »

I've just begun using my Samsung Galaxy S8+ with our MY18 XC40 and it has been working flawlessly to download map updates. Can you elaborate on the problem? Maybe I can try to reproduce it later today. I also have an S7 that I can try.

Are you trying to use other devices through the car Wi-Fi which in turn is using the tethered S8 for internet access over the mobile network? I could take my laptop or the S7 out to the car and try to connect them to the internet that way.
Félim
Buckinghamshire, UK
Bestfan

Post by Bestfan »

No other devices to share the internet.
Just trying to provide the car with internet using my mobile data!
When the mobile phone is connected to WiFi the internet connection is tethered flawlessly.
When the phone is connected to mobile data the internet connection fails to tether to the car.
I have enabled Bluetooth tethering on my mobile phone and through the car Bluetooth tethering option for internet.
I have also tried to tether through WiFi hotspot as a plan B but again the internet connection only goes through when my phone is connected to WiFi and never goes through with mobile data...

Also I know that tethering my mobile data via Bluetooth and wifi hotspot works for me when I tether to my tablet but it doesn't when I try to tether to the car! I am out of ideas here 😋
Ordered: XC40 Momentum FWD, Black Stone, with Park assist, Rear camera, charcoal leather and headlining, inductive charging.
Expected: late December / early December
kmneo2000

Post by kmneo2000 »

Hi,
Just checking if you have a fix for the issue - as I have same issue wit Samsung A70
NM
Temp Login

Post by Temp Login »

Does your mobile data provider have a block on tethering, some do?
kmneo2000

Post by kmneo2000 »

No restriction from mobile data provider.
Tethering to other devices seamless.
Only tethering to the car - both via Bluetooth or wifi seems to be an issue.
Mobile connectivity for telephone - no issues.
Thanks.