Did anyone here installed CarCam?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Blue Velvet

Post by Blue Velvet »

Dash cams, I have been advised today, does interferes with the Intellisafe box...so the dealership has relocated the dash cam to the passenger side.
The dash cam interfered with City Safe and road mitigation systems causing ‘false’ near collisions and breaking.
Momentum Pro D3
Red Fusion ;)

michael123

Post by michael123 »

Can you plz post a picture of the new placement?
Can you confirm it doesn't interfere now?
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Blue Velvet wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:14 pm Dash cams, I have been advised today, does interferes with the Intellisafe box...so the dealership has relocated the dash cam to the passenger side.
The dash cam interfered with City Safe and road mitigation systems causing ‘false’ near collisions and breaking.
I wonder what aspect of it interferes? To gain CE marking, the device has to show that it doesn’t interfere with other devices. I wonder if it’s the infrared LEDs some have for night mode? I haven’t had any problems with mine.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
Blue Velvet

Post by Blue Velvet »

hdasmith wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:30 pm
Blue Velvet wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:14 pm Dash cams, I have been advised today, does interferes with the Intellisafe box...so the dealership has relocated the dash cam to the passenger side.
I wonder what aspect of it interferes? To gain CE marking, the device has to show that it doesn’t interfere with other devices. I wonder if it’s the infrared LEDs some have for night mode? I haven’t had any problems with mine.

I really don’t know the technicalities or levels of interference. It’s the advise from the dealership. I will just have to abide by it for now, see if it stops the hiccups. I did not experience this with my previous car: Honda HRV se. The dash cam (Nextbase 312) was placed in similar position.
Will see how it goes...
Momentum Pro D3
Red Fusion ;)
Blue Velvet

Post by Blue Velvet »

michael123 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:51 pm Can you plz post a picture of the new placement?

I will do.

The advise was only given yesterday, I have only just driven a short distance today. I will post on here, the results in next few days. But one thing though, it drives off smoothly this a.m.

[img][/i

A6A794AB-903E-4A99-806B-717036784F9C.jpeg

mg]
Momentum Pro D3
Red Fusion ;)
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Not sure about that:

Does it really have to 'show' or is there an element of self certification?

Is it just about radio/TV signals or does it extend to more sensitive aspects such as radar?

Is there any distance aspect involved here? Perhaps something can be CE approved if it doesn't interfere with something, say, 4 metres away but maybe it can still cause havoc with something 10cm away? I remember when FM transmitters came out - they were all technically illegal as you couldn't transmit without a license. The law was quickly changed to say you needed a license to transmit beyond a range of x metres.

What about magnetic mounts? My Garmin unit might not affect radar but, the strong magnetic mount might?
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Blue Velvet wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:27 pm Image
michael123 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:51 pm Can you plz post a picture of the new placement?

I will do.

The advise was only given yesterday, I have only just driven a short distance today. I will post on here, the results in next few days. But one thing though, it drives off smoothly this a.m.

[img][/iA6A794AB-903E-4A99-806B-717036784F9C.jpegmg]
Almost exactly where my Garmin 55 sits.

Perfect for my Garmin as it has its lens on RHS so, just peeks into swept area & fully compliant with UK law.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
michael123

Post by michael123 »

So basically, the idea is to move the camera as far as possible away to the edge .. ?
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Silver Moose wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:34 am
Not sure about that:

Does it really have to 'show' or is there an element of self certification?

Is it just about radio/TV signals or does it extend to more sensitive aspects such as radar?

Is there any distance aspect involved here? Perhaps something can be CE approved if it doesn't interfere with something, say, 4 metres away but maybe it can still cause havoc with something 10cm away? I remember when FM transmitters came out - they were all technically illegal as you couldn't transmit without a license. The law was quickly changed to say you needed a license to transmit beyond a range of x metres.

What about magnetic mounts? My Garmin unit might not affect radar but, the strong magnetic mount might?
Good questions, and I couldn’t answer that now. It was something we were taught at uni over 10 years ago now, but weren’t given a lot of detail. Should have asked.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

I have blackvue front and rear cams installed since February no issues so far.