Retrofit Adaptive Cruise Control

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
jacobxc40

Post by jacobxc40 »

Does anyone know if you can fit & the cost of adaptive cruise control after purchase. I’m 10 months in and this was something I wanted but chose against. The steering wheel has the all the buttons, and I’m wondering it’s a feature they turn on rather than actually needing more parts fitted?

hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

It’s on the website as an option for automatic cars. I don’t know the cost, you’d have to ask the dealer. I think it also switches on pilot assist. It should just be a software update and hardware calibration, I think the hardware’s all there.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
NitramA

Post by NitramA »

I’m pretty sure you can only get it as part of the Pilot Assist as I was looking at having it fitted myself.
Just had a go in a V90 with it fitted and can see the value for motorway driving but not so much anywhere else.
If the adaptive cruise was available on its own for a more reasonable price I would have gone for it.

D61065CC-64EE-4825-BA1F-DC4CF348361B.png

Deleted User 1894

Post by Deleted User 1894 »

It's listed as an accessory, so it looks like's do-able. You need a hydraulic unit, so there are hardware differences:

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-nl ... 10181/2020

Having had ACC on my current car, I wouldn't be without it now. I use it all the time.
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Septercius wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:27 pm It's listed as an accessory, so it looks like's do-able. You need a hydraulic unit, so there are hardware differences:

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-nl ... 10181/2020

Having had ACC on my current car, I wouldn't be without it now. I use it all the time.
Unfortunately that link doesn’t work, but good find about the hydraulic unit - whatever that does (part of the power steering?). I thought it was all there anyway for lane keep assist.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
jinxpro13

Post by jinxpro13 »

Got quoted over 2k for the retrofit for ACC from a Volvo dealership in Toronto.