Volvo PCP - Service Plan (dealer didn't set up - Fuming!)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
DaveSig2018

Post by DaveSig2018 »

Hi all

I may be a little late to the conversation (sorry) but also went for the 5 year service pack as part of the 0% interest deal. Have checked my details from the Nottingham dealer i used and I have a 'Certificate of Entitlement' covering each anticipated Service date for the 'Volvo Service Plan.

I hope that those of you with issues find a swift resolution.
On order (April 2018) XC40 Inscription / T4 / Denim Blue / now on the road as of 30th July 2018!! :D

James Blonde

Post by James Blonde »

I was given an XC60 last week as a courtesy car for my service - I now want the XC60! Why would they not try to keep your custom?!
senwar

Post by senwar »

balmoral wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 12:37 pm
senwar wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:58 am

I had the software issue when mine was in for the service. My waiting appointment ended up with me being in the showroom for over 7hrs.

Never had anything other than a V40 when I've had mine in. Not a fan
Recently booked mine in for yr1 service. When I asked for a waiting appointment the dealers suggested that it wasn't a good idea as software updates take far longer than the rest of the service!
Another example of my dealer being, well, a bit crap....
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

As part of the software update they've discovered the VCM unit is corrupted - no software can be loaded. They have the part ordered from Sweden but won't arrive until tomorrow.
So I'm stuck with the loan car, which doesn't have a tow bar which I need to transport my bikes tonight. I've asked them if they would at least swap the Fiesta for a larger loan car - so waiting to hear if one becomes available. Ideally it'll be a loan car that doesn't reek of fags too... have to have the windows open whenever I can!
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

DaveSig2018 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 1:06 pm Hi all

I may be a little late to the conversation (sorry) but also went for the 5 year service pack as part of the 0% interest deal. Have checked my details from the Nottingham dealer i used and I have a 'Certificate of Entitlement' covering each anticipated Service date for the 'Volvo Service Plan.

I hope that those of you with issues find a swift resolution.
Hi Dave. I did eventually receive this ... just not sure why it had to take so many calls to them to have it sorted.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
senwar

Post by senwar »

kirsty_s2k wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:13 pm As part of the software update they've discovered the VCM unit is corrupted - no software can be loaded. They have the part ordered from Sweden but won't arrive until tomorrow.
So I'm stuck with the loan car, which doesn't have a tow bar which I need to transport my bikes tonight. I've asked them if they would at least swap the Fiesta for a larger loan car - so waiting to hear if one becomes available. Ideally it'll be a loan car that doesn't reek of fags too... have to have the windows open whenever I can!
That's poor and definitely doesn't seem like a normal loan car.
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

senwar wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 3:10 pm
kirsty_s2k wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:13 pm As part of the software update they've discovered the VCM unit is corrupted - no software can be loaded. They have the part ordered from Sweden but won't arrive until tomorrow.
That's poor and definitely doesn't seem like a normal loan car.
I did get a V40 from them late yesterday afternoon - so at least managed to get my bike in the back of it. Now waiting to see if the part arrives and I can get mine back today. No idea if they've addressed any of my other items i.e roof noise when wet/raining, pilot assist to far left etc
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
senwar

Post by senwar »

kirsty_s2k wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:23 am I did get a V40 from them late yesterday afternoon - so at least managed to get my bike in the back of it. Now waiting to see if the part arrives and I can get mine back today. No idea if they've addressed any of my other items i.e roof noise when wet/raining, pilot assist to far left etc
There is apparently a technical advisory for the sunroof problem(s). Might be worth mentioning. Mine was in for it last week (mine also judders). However, 6 days later the judder is back.

When I asked what had been done the advisor just said 'Oh i don't know, just been told they followed the TA'. Given my car has been in 4 times for sunroof issues, I didn't find this really acceptable.

Beginning to get rather pssd with my dealer now.
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

senwar wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:14 am
kirsty_s2k wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:23 am I did get a V40 from them late yesterday afternoon - so at least managed to get my bike in the back of it. Now waiting to see if the part arrives and I can get mine back today. No idea if they've addressed any of my other items i.e roof noise when wet/raining, pilot assist to far left etc
There is apparently a technical advisory for the sunroof problem(s). Might be worth mentioning. Mine was in for it last week (mine also judders). However, 6 days later the judder is back.

When I asked what had been done the advisor just said 'Oh i don't know, just been told they followed the TA'. Given my car has been in 4 times for sunroof issues, I didn't find this really acceptable.

Beginning to get rather pssd with my dealer now.
I'll see what they say when I chase them up (as I'm not expecting they'll actually pro-actively contact me). I'm not sure about the judder as I think I've only opened the sunroof about five times in the year of owning the car.
Sounds like your dealer is competing with mine for the most incompetent award!
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

Mine been in today for sunroof judder.
Apparently the first fix is adjust the guide rails, if that doesn’t work it’s a new cassette which is a full day job removing the headlining etc etc hope mine is cured don’t fancy it being stripped down tbh. Things never go back the same !!
T5 First edition Crystal White