Volvo PCP - Service Plan (dealer didn't set up - Fuming!)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

Flatman5 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:06 pm You're not alone on this, my dealer forgot completely to fill in the paperwork as well, they somehow double checked and sorted it, I was really surprised when booking in for my first years service, that the service department gave me a price, and when I said it was included in my PCP contract they claimed there was no record.
The guy that dealt with my paperwork phoned me later in the day and admitted his mistake and apologies but was thinking I had gone mad for a while.
Thanks for advising - I hope it's as simple for me :)
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)

Bob

Post by Bob »

From what I remember, during February and March 2018, if you took Volvo's 3 year PCP then the 3 year service plan was included, along with £1,000 deposit contribution. Anybody could purchase the 3 year and 5 year plans for £399 and £599 at the time of purchase of within a particular time frame of purchase.
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Deleted User 1240

Post by Deleted User 1240 »

kirsty_s2k wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:30 pm Was there anything noted on your order form, if you still have it?
Just checked and the service plan does not show anywhere on my order form.
PC40

Post by PC40 »

My recollection is similar to Bob’s. The 3 year servicing deal came with the Volvo PCP finance deal.
Have you looked in the service book to see if that been completed to confirm that the car has a valid service deal?
Worth looking at just in case the paperwork got mislaid.
I haven’t got any other paperwork regarding the service plan but fortunately the car was on the system correctly.
XC40 T5 First Edition|Bursting Blue |delivered end of March 2018
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

Also same boat, booked mine in for service couple of months ago, questioned why I never had any paper work for the service plan. They had no record of it, I told them at time of ordering (Nov 2017) 3 years free servicing was included with PCP deals, they seemed to be aware of that and got it sorted for me.
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

pp67 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:28 pm Just checked and the service plan does not show anywhere on my order form.
Thanks - that's good to know.
PC40 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:21 pm My recollection is similar to Bob’s. The 3 year servicing deal came with the Volvo PCP finance deal.
Have you looked in the service book to see if that been completed to confirm that the car has a valid service deal?
Worth looking at just in case the paperwork got mislaid.
I haven’t got any other paperwork regarding the service plan but fortunately the car was on the system correctly.
They didn't fill in anything on the inside cover, they just showed me the PDC page/stamp so I assumed all was ok.
MrParkson wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:23 am Also same boat, booked mine in for service couple of months ago, questioned why I never had any paper work for the service plan. They had no record of it, I told them at time of ordering (Nov 2017) 3 years free servicing was included with PCP deals, they seemed to be aware of that and got it sorted for me.
Thanks - also good to hear.

I'll see how I get on today - was meant to be receiving a call from the sales manager this morning. But in the manor I've become accustomed to with this dealer... unsurprisingly, I've heard nothing and I will need to yet again make the effort to contact them.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

Having had no call this morning, even though they told me the Sales Manager would call me in the morning, I called them again to ask to speak to him (11.55am). I was advised he had been busy and would have been given the message. So I advised I was clearly not happy at the lack of call and explained yet again about the shambolic process of the sale and collection of my car and that I was amazed that a year down the line that was still causing issues.
Almost two hours later, and still nothing. I am genuinely amazed that a dealer with such appalling customer service can still be in business.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
Deleted User 1894

Post by Deleted User 1894 »

I'd be writing a stroppy letter if I were in that position, to both the dealer principal and Volvo UK.
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

Septercius wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:02 pm I'd be writing a stroppy letter if I were in that position, to both the dealer principal and Volvo UK.
Volvo UK is next on my list - waiting for COB today, but if no phone call arrives I'll be onto them. They'll already have access to my customer feedback report from purchase time last year which already highlighted the appalling service I'd had.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

Here's the relevant bit from my 15th March order - the important bit being the bottom line under notes...

Order cutout.jpeg

I also received on of these emailed to me from Volvo/Allianz a couple of days after delivery.

Svs plan.jpg

XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.