Volvo PCP - Service Plan (dealer didn't set up - Fuming!)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
senwar

Post by senwar »

Michaelxc40 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:33 pm Mine been in today for sunroof judder.
Apparently the first fix is adjust the guide rails, if that doesn’t work it’s a new cassette which is a full day job removing the headlining etc etc hope mine is cured don’t fancy it being stripped down tbh. Things never go back the same !!
Interesting. Mine was in all day previously. Funnily enough for the first time ever they sent me a video of a vehicle health check saying all was OK. I should bloody hope so you serviced it the previous week!
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels

Deleted User 1945

Post by Deleted User 1945 »

If your in the UK and you don’t already have the service plan I can recommend joining the Volvo Owners club. For £30 per year it entitles you to up to 25% discount on Volvo official servicing. This more than covers the cost of the club membership. It also entitles you to the affinity discount (extra discount from Volvo UK vs the current dealer discount) if your buying a new Volvo. You can join even if you don’t currently own a Volvo.

I’ve attached a key to show the discounts on serving available.

You also get a discount on accessories eg tow bar etc.

CEA4AAA3-285A-4852-BEB4-65480118B604.jpeg

kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

Managed to get the car back yesterday, but they hadn't addressed the issues I listed due to the delays with the part/software, so after a long debate it's now booked in again in a couple of weeks for them to look again at the sunroof and pilot assist.
They attempted to tell me that the sunroof is just noisy and that's how they are - mine doesn't judder (as far as I've noticed as I hardly use it) but it makes an annoying noise at 70ish after rain.
He said he'd driven it and the pilot assist was fine, so I've said I want it re-calibrating as I can't use it at 70ish speeds, he did then admit that he'd only tried it at about 40. I think he thinks I'm just being annoying. So I've to take him out for a drive in it the day it goes back in to be checked.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)
senwar

Post by senwar »

kirsty_s2k wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:12 am Managed to get the car back yesterday, but they hadn't addressed the issues I listed due to the delays with the part/software, so after a long debate it's now booked in again in a couple of weeks for them to look again at the sunroof and pilot assist.
They attempted to tell me that the sunroof is just noisy and that's how they are - mine doesn't judder (as far as I've noticed as I hardly use it) but it makes an annoying noise at 70ish after rain.
He said he'd driven it and the pilot assist was fine, so I've said I want it re-calibrating as I can't use it at 70ish speeds, he did then admit that he'd only tried it at about 40. I think he thinks I'm just being annoying. So I've to take him out for a drive in it the day it goes back in to be checked.
Poor service again. If you have the same weird noise as me from the roof (hard to explain but sounds like some air is trapped) then there is not a chance this is how they are. I can certainly say I'll never spec a pano roof now but I believe this is a fault, not standard.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

One of the reasons I didn't go for a Karoq was that in looking at the 2.0 petrol to avoid the 1.5 with issues I was being forced to have a panoramic roof and 4x4 which I didn't want. As well as reducing the headroom in the Yeti there are water ingress problems so I wanted to steer well clear.

One of the attractions of the XC40 is that I've being able to have what I want and not what the importer wants me to have and paying for the privilege!

Can't wait.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

senwar wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:43 pm Poor service again. If you have the same weird noise as me from the roof (hard to explain but sounds like some air is trapped) then there is not a chance this is how they are. I can certainly say I'll never spec a pano roof now but I believe this is a fault, not standard.
It's an odd noise and loads worse when there's been heavy rain or over winter when it was cold/damp/icy. I initially thought it was a bearing or something - but since opening the roof a few weeks back (on a super nice day) it's been even noiser. Again though, it's when it's been raining - and of course when it was booked into Volvo the weather was perfect for days!
I've had a pano roof on two previous cars and had no issues - so it's a Volvo problem, not just all panos.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
senwar

Post by senwar »

kirsty_s2k wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:38 pm
senwar wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:43 pm Poor service again. If you have the same weird noise as me from the roof (hard to explain but sounds like some air is trapped) then there is not a chance this is how they are. I can certainly say I'll never spec a pano roof now but I believe this is a fault, not standard.
It's an odd noise and loads worse when there's been heavy rain or over winter when it was cold/damp/icy. I initially thought it was a bearing or something - but since opening the roof a few weeks back (on a super nice day) it's been even noiser. Again though, it's when it's been raining - and of course when it was booked into Volvo the weather was perfect for days!
I've had a pano roof on two previous cars and had no issues - so it's a Volvo problem, not just all panos.
Have you had any water on the fly screen? Mine has been drenched sometimes when I've opened the roof, so much so that it drops water in the cabin. Definitely doesn't sound right though
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

senwar wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:29 pm
kirsty_s2k wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:38 pm
Have you had any water on the fly screen? Mine has been drenched sometimes when I've opened the roof, so much so that it drops water in the cabin. Definitely doesn't sound right though
Not that I've noticed, but I've literally only opened it twice this year. The act of working out what combination of presses will work drives me mad too.

In other news ... on top of not sorting this or the pilot assist, they've also failed to reconfigure my Volvo on Call - so the car has no internet unless I use my phone, the app doesn't work..... useless!
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

kirsty_s2k wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:22 am Not that I've noticed, but I've literally only opened it twice this year. The act of working out what combination of presses will work drives me mad too.

In other news ... on top of not sorting this or the pilot assist, they've also failed to reconfigure my Volvo on Call - so the car has no internet unless I use my phone, the app doesn't work..... useless!
PLEASE stay well clear of RYBROOK WARRINGTON dealer - they really are the most incompetent and infuriating bunch of idiots I've ever had to deal with. Having had poor service from the outset, I've now discovered that as part of their 'fix' for the roof noise when wet - they've rendered the pan roof inoperable! The button does absolutely nothing now! (unsure if it's related but the SRS Airbag warning came on a day or two after it's last visit to the dealer too).
I am now going to try booking into the next nearest dealer (not related to Rybrook) which is around 40mins further away, but I am hoping they may be competent.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020