Volvo PCP - Service Plan (dealer didn't set up - Fuming!)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

morrishey wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:59 pm Here's the relevant bit from my 15th March order - the important bit being the bottom line under notes...
Thanks - my order sheet has virtually no detail on it, doesn't even reference that it's PCP deal from what I recall - will check again tonight.

Keep missing the call from sales manager, then he's busy when I call back :(
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)

kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

After chasing and chasing I did finally get the paperwork through yesterday. XC is in with them for service as I type. I was expecting something a little nicer as a courtesy car . . . little ford fiesta! For some weird reason, I expected a Volvo dealer to give a volvo car!
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

kirsty_s2k wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:40 pm For some weird reason, I expected a Volvo dealer to give a volvo car!
Funny how much it changes from dealer to dealer. One dealer I've used recently gave me a basic V40 CC, my car's going to another dealer for it's next review, and they're giving me an XC60!

I can't understand giving a Ford though, unless they still think that Ford owns Volvo or their courtesy cars are that old!
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
Bob

Post by Bob »

kirsty_s2k wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:40 pm little ford fiesta! For some weird reason, I expected a Volvo dealer to give a volvo car!
Yes, so would I, in fact I would expect a car equivalent, or better, than what I have in for service. This is how it was with Audi.

Bob
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

My dealer has just changed hands and they are now charging a flat £10 fee for a courtesy car !!
T5 First edition Crystal White
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

When I had issues with them last year, they gave me the T8 XC60 which was fun. But getting something that small is silly. And to top it off - I'm still stuck with it as they hit issues updating the software and called to say I couldn't collect the car yesterday as planned as it wasn't safe to drive in it's current state... I'm dreading the call today to say it's still not fixed as I need the tow bar for tonight/tomorrow night... I envisage yet another heated discussion with them.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Michaelxc40 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:03 pm My dealer has just changed hands and they are now charging a flat £10 fee for a courtesy car !!
Just had that with our current Tiguan with VW however they were willing to pay £20 to provide me with a taxi?

Think a lot of dealers now lease in whatever is cheapest as courtesy cars, not always their own brand.
senwar

Post by senwar »

kirsty_s2k wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:39 am When I had issues with them last year, they gave me the T8 XC60 which was fun. But getting something that small is silly. And to top it off - I'm still stuck with it as they hit issues updating the software and called to say I couldn't collect the car yesterday as planned as it wasn't safe to drive in it's current state... I'm dreading the call today to say it's still not fixed as I need the tow bar for tonight/tomorrow night... I envisage yet another heated discussion with them.
I had the software issue when mine was in for the service. My waiting appointment ended up with me being in the showroom for over 7hrs.

Never had anything other than a V40 when I've had mine in. Not a fan
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

senwar wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:58 am
kirsty_s2k wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:39 am When I had issues with them last year, they gave me the T8 XC60 which was fun. But getting something that small is silly. And to top it off - I'm still stuck with it as they hit issues updating the software and called to say I couldn't collect the car yesterday as planned as it wasn't safe to drive in it's current state... I'm dreading the call today to say it's still not fixed as I need the tow bar for tonight/tomorrow night... I envisage yet another heated discussion with them.
I had the software issue when mine was in for the service. My waiting appointment ended up with me being in the showroom for over 7hrs.

Never had anything other than a V40 when I've had mine in. Not a fan
Recently booked mine in for yr1 service. When I asked for a waiting appointment the dealers suggested that it wasn't a good idea as software updates take far longer than the rest of the service!
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

stu22 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:03 am
Michaelxc40 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:03 pm My dealer has just changed hands and they are now charging a flat £10 fee for a courtesy car !!
Just had that with our current Tiguan with VW however they were willing to pay £20 to provide me with a taxi?

Think a lot of dealers now lease in whatever is cheapest as courtesy cars, not always their own brand.
That's daft as they are missing out on an opportunity to let you try a car you might be interested in buying.

When my Yeti was in for service I got a Skoda Karoq and was going to buy one until issues started to arise around the 1.5 petrol. So after, I think 8, VW Group cars on the trot decided to look elsewhere. They did me a favour! :D

Their courtesy cars were free but then started charging £12.00 for insurance.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.