Volvo PCP - Service Plan (dealer didn't set up - Fuming!)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

So, it appears the issues with the dealer I bought from haven't ended yet . .
just booked the car in for it's service next month and I questioned them when asked 'is it on a service plan'. It appears that my car is not!

It was sold to me as 'service for X years at X amount' is on offer as you're taking the Volvo PCP deal, so as far as I was concerned I'd accepted that.
Did anyone else purchase in March 2018 and happen to still have any details of that offer?
I'm about to have yet another run in with the Sales Manager.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)

ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

I can understand your frustration. I'm now looking at my vehicle order and agreement, and everything is very clearly stated and priced, both the manufacturers options, and dealer accessories, which in my case were a 3 X Service Plan and a Reversible Textile Mat.
Boxybutgood

Post by Boxybutgood »

I took the 3 year interest free credit option which as with PCP gave the option to purchase a 5 year service plan at £599. If it is not showing somewhere on your purchase invoice you may still be able to persuade them to sell it to you now, particularly if you have any correspondence indicating that you thought you were getting it. Hope you get it sorted as it's a good deal if you plan to keep the car that long.
XC40 T4 AWD Inscription Pro + Options. Delivered November 2018.
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

FFS - So it's not on the order confirmation, but then that was a fiasco too as technically my order front page was for a different colour of car and I had to go and get them to print me a fresh copy with an amendment to show that the colour was actually BB.

I have my little list of things to check when I collected it - 3yrs free servicing documentation is on my list, so I am 100% sure I asked at collection and was told the paperwork would follow.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

Looking at the other threads around that time, I'm not imagining it - I was offered the £399 3yrs and that's what I took - just the useless sales guy didn't add it. I wonder if he did it on purpose as you can't argue a year down the line?? https://www.volvocars.com/uk/cars/new-m ... 40-service
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
XC_20

Post by XC_20 »

I think they have changed the order valid dates on this but this is what I found

9C1BDF0E-AA40-48BF-B14B-9513F1A69F6C.png

Deleted User 1240

Post by Deleted User 1240 »

The 3 year service was definitely included FOC with the Volvo/Santander pcp deal in March 2018 as that is the deal I took.
I paid the extra £200 to upgrade to the 5 year plan though.
There is no mention of the service plan in my finance paperwork.
I received a confirmation email from Volvo / Allianz Assistance a week or so after the car was delivered.
Fingers crossed they just forgot to register your service plan and will do it now without too much fuss.
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

pp67 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:13 pm The 3 year service was definitely included FOC with the Volvo/Santander pcp deal in March 2018 as that is the deal I took.
I paid the extra £200 to upgrade to the 5 year plan though.
There is no mention of the service plan in my finance paperwork.
I received a confirmation email from Volvo / Allianz Assistance a week or so after the car was delivered.
Fingers crossed they just forgot to register your service plan and will do it now without too much fuss.
Thanks very much. I think as it was FOC I hadn't queried it, and I'd noted I thought I'd save a few hundred a year. I have also found a message I sent to my friend on the day of signing the order/paying deposit where I told her the exact cost and state 'servicing included'.
I believe they did simply forget as the Salesman was awful. I just hope I can get it sorted quickly.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

pp67 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:13 pm There is no mention of the service plan in my finance paperwork.
Was there anything noted on your order form, if you still have it?
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
Flatman5

Post by Flatman5 »

You're not alone on this, my dealer forgot completely to fill in the paperwork as well, they somehow double checked and sorted it, I was really surprised when booking in for my first years service, that the service department gave me a price, and when I said it was included in my PCP contract they claimed there was no record.
The guy that dealt with my paperwork phoned me later in the day and admitted his mistake and apologies but was thinking I had gone mad for a while.