Boot opening daft question

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
mattdesign

Post by mattdesign »

West Yorkshire Lofty wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:27 am This may be a daft question! Took delivery of our new D4 R Design yesterday.

As the wife is 4 foot 11, ordered the car with the remote boot opening and more important closing feature.

The issue, using the kicking motion unlocks the boot but it doesn’t open!

When you have manually opened the boot, the close button doesn’t work!

Car fault or operator error?

Don’t want to go back to the dealer and look daft.

Constructive reply’s appreciated.

Cheers WYL
I had the same problem when I received my car.

It is because we didn't spec the 'Power Tailgate' option due to the unclear/misleading name given to the keyless entry option.

Very annoying – I did message Volvo UK and the supplying dealer but never got a reply from them.
XC40 | R-Design Pro | D4 AWD | Black Stone
20" | Xenium | Intellisafe Pro | Convenience | Harman Kardon | Keyless
Gear shift paddles | Wireless charging | Smartphone integration | Power child locks
Ordered 22/05/18 | Delivered 21/01/19

hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

West Yorkshire Lofty wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:27 am This may be a daft question! Took delivery of our new D4 R Design yesterday.

As the wife is 4 foot 11, ordered the car with the remote boot opening and more important closing feature.

The issue, using the kicking motion unlocks the boot but it doesn’t open!

When you have manually opened the boot, the close button doesn’t work!

Car fault or operator error?

Don’t want to go back to the dealer and look daft.

Constructive reply’s appreciated.

Cheers WYL
Have any of these answered your question?
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
West Yorkshire Lofty

Post by West Yorkshire Lofty »

Yes, I didn’t spec the powered tailgate option. The options list was very misleading. I understand it has now been changed. Which is a bit late for us. Dealer implied it was my stupidity and was a factory fit so tough!

Cheers WYL
Three Car Garage Sorted! :mrgreen:
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

That is appalling. If my dealer tried that after the original brochure was wrong then I would be rejecting the car or at least threatening to until I was offered a decent compensation package. I would write to Volvo direct and complain.
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Salmonfisher wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:35 pm That is appalling. If my dealer tried that after the original brochure was wrong then I would be rejecting the car or at least threatening to until I was offered a decent compensation package. I would write to Volvo direct and complain.
I (partly) agree.

I wouldn’t go as far as rejecting the car but, as the pricelist described the feature as "Hands free Tailgate Opening/Closing", I wouldn't tolerate the dealer calling me an idiot either.

There's not much that can be done if a retrofit is not feasible but there ought to be an attempt at an apology / goodwill gesture.

Advice for future purchasers:

1. Volvo policy says dealer should make a follow up 'everything OK?' call, ideally within 48 hrs.

2. Volvo invites customer feedback after a week or two

3. Salesperson only gets full commission if (s)he gets full marks on certain questions.

Use this time line to your advantage ;)
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera