Move exterior mirrors to see the kerb.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

I'm trying to do this on my D3R, but holding the left and right button down whilst in reverse just puts the mirrors in the park position.
What am I doing wrong please?

Peter G

Post by Peter G »

Pressing both L and R will fold. But pressing L or R one at the time should do the trick :D
2018 XC40 D4 AWD AUT Black Onyx Momentum First Mover
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

Thanks Peter, will try it later.
Peter G

Post by Peter G »

Glad to help. Oh forgot to mention, go to mirrors in my car settings and you can set the mirrors to lower automaticly when reversing :0)
2018 XC40 D4 AWD AUT Black Onyx Momentum First Mover
xbimmer

Post by xbimmer »

Tried it on mine back in October - didn't work so took car into dealer. Apparently only works if you have an option fitted (can't remember which one though!) which I didn't. Even the dealer didn't know that though and it took them an hour to find out.
D4 R-design in black.
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

xbimmer wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:03 am Tried it on mine back in October - didn't work so took car into dealer. Apparently only works if you have an option fitted (can't remember which one though!) which I didn't. Even the dealer didn't know that though and it took them an hour to find out.
I tried the push L or R whilst in reverse, but that didn't work. Will now try the mirrors setting on the screen. I don't think I have the relevant option either.
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

I've just tried the mirror options screen, but only offered automatic folding in on stopping. I have looked through all the option packs, and only thing that may be applicable is Power driving seat with memory for seat and mirrors, and this must be ordered with auto folding mirrors. I don't have this option, so presume I will have to forgo using the mirrors to see my proximity to the kerb.
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

ACertainAge wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:48 pm so presume I will have to forgo using the mirrors to see my proximity to the kerb.
Nothing wrong with the old fashioned way IMHO. Dipping mirrors are nice but I never had a problem on my previous cars in just leaving the LH mirror selected & just using joystick.

To me, position of the passenger mirror is not hugely critical - I was happy to give it a half-blind nudge upwards as I moved forward again - perhaps I'm just odd 🤣
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Hes

Post by Hes »

Press the L or R button twice to dip