Front USB ports

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 1894

Post by Deleted User 1894 »

I've been reading the PDF manual for the XC40 whilst I'm waiting for mine to arrive. I've got a question relating to the front USB ports:

In my current car, I use an iPod Classic. It's connected to a USB port in the front armrest, which like all armrests has a pivoting cover on it. This means that the iPod isn't visible to the outside world.

Now, looking at the manual, it seems that the only place you can plug in an iPod is the front USB ports. My question is this: is there a sliding cover for this area? It will be a bit of a pain if not, as I'll have to remember to unplug the iPod every time I leave the car. Alternatively, does the area where the iPod would sit (where the charging area is) extend forward enough to be able to hide it from view?

Incidentally, I didn't bother ordering the Apple Carplay/Android Audio function as I didn't think I'd use it. I've still not paired my phone with my current car after two years of ownership.

Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

No cover but the area does extend fairly deeply. An IPod, wrapped up if needs be, would be hard to detect from outside unless somebody was really looking for it / had a good torch.

I can understand your love for your IPod Classic but, people don't break into cars for them anymore :lol:
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
CelticXC40

Post by CelticXC40 »

I have an IPOD NANO connected to mine and you have to look really hard to find it as it sits alongside the contactless charging pad. I leave mine permanently connected
XC40 Inscription pro - T4 - Auto AWD - Pine Grey - Blonde Leather - 19" wheels - Intellisafe pro Pack, Tinted windows, Keyless drive, wireless charging, Xenium pack, Towbar, Spare wheel. Delivered 22nd January 2019.
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Silver Moose wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:01 pm No cover but the area does extend fairly deeply. An IPod, wrapped up if needs be, would be hard to detect from outside unless somebody was really looking for it / had a good torch.

I can understand your love for your IPod Classic but, people don't break into cars for them anymore :lol:
Unfortunately I saw one broken into for an iPod on a couple of months back in Leeds!
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

What about using the rear USB-C port and hiding under the front seat? You’d need a new cable or USB adaptor. I’ll doubke check my car later (if I remember) to make sure you can play music from there.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018