XC40 Remote Start

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Whiterdesign

Post by Whiterdesign »

Not available on a manual

Tort1

Post by Tort1 »

Klanky wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:14 pm I would not remote start mine as I always leave the car in gear when parked... starting it remotely would end up demolishing the garage door....

You can't leave an automatic in gear. That's why remote start isn't available in a manual gearbox.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

My remote start used to work everytime - now it seems to time out and say 'engine issue' (or something like that) for the last couple of weeks. I could even remote start the car from my apple watch without any issues.

I have noticed I have a software update on the car which maybe connected.

In the UK - any one else had problems recently?
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
abby606

Post by abby606 »

DarrenF wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:58 pm My remote start used to work everytime - now it seems to time out and say 'engine issue' (or something like that) for the last couple of weeks. I could even remote start the car from my apple watch without any issues.

I have noticed I have a software update on the car which maybe connected.

In the UK - any one else had problems recently?
Yes, I made a separate thread about this, I was getting the error "Your Volvo could not be started because the engine is not working properly". This was right after it was serviced.

Volvo Customer Support asked me to uninstall and reinstall the app but it hasn't helped, in fact it has made it worse, sometimes it will pretend to start and it actually hasn't. Or it will start then switch itself off after 60 seconds. Of course the problem is intermittent so trying to demonstrate it to the dealer will be fun.
alanplum241276

Post by alanplum241276 »

I've been using remote start every single day for the last 3 weeks in my XC40, and today was the first time ever I got the error message that my engine is not working properly.
MY20 T4 R-Design Pro FWD in Crystal White. Intellisafe Pro, Xenium Pack, Apple CarPlay, Spare Wheel