First Year Service

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
GerVO

Post by GerVO »

I have a xc40 T5 now, if it comes to the point when I have to have serviced I would go to kwikfit. Anyway in the Netherlands I went there with my xc60. Even when new. actually they told me and showed me the original Volvo parts they had to use because it was in their manuals......much much cheaper. Did this for many years with all sorts of vehicles like a VW Touareg and a RR Evoque....

GerVO

Post by GerVO »

ImageA quick scan learned that Volvo charges much more than Kwikfit See attachements

2B62FEF4-50B0-4165-B590-451101D2F8E0.jpeg

E243185F-7632-4C01-BA62-41FE8E071D31.jpeg

XC40Warwick

Post by XC40Warwick »

My concern of using Kwikfit would be the lack of software updates. When my XC40 went in for its first annual service to the Volvo main dealer, it came out having had software updates applied.
In the UK, unfortunately Kwikfit has a bad reputation and I would not use them to service any car I own.
XC40 FE D4 Crystal White 20" with LAVA
GerVO

Post by GerVO »

I fully agree with you on the software part. I have no shares in NL Kwikfit but service was ok here.
Tyson

Post by Tyson »

I purchased a 5 year service plan for £599 which I thought was a very good deal as I am planning on keeping the car for the long term.
GemBar

Post by GemBar »

Not sure what finance you took out but if the finance was through Volvo then you should get the servicing free.
XC40 T3 R Design | Winter Pack | Heated Rear Seats & Steering Wheel | Front Parking Sensors | Power Tailgate | Osmium Grey | Ordered Mid March for Delivery June / October / September | Now driving as from 14-09-18
Sven

Post by Sven »

We took out the five year servicing plan offered by Volvo, only £599 for five years of servicing, absolute no brainer. I was told that the plan needed to be taken out within a certain period of handover of the car (14 days I think), so they may say 'no can do' but if it wasn't offered to you when you bought the car (assuming they were doing it at the time) then you could argue that it should have been and you are simply asking for the same as offered to others (we were offered both the 3 year and 5 year deals, but as we're intending keeping the car for a long time the latter was preferable). Even the salesman couldn't believe how good the deal was. The other point is that if yo don't get it serviced at a Volvo delaer you have a problem with any warranty claim. Goood luck!
2019 XC40 D4 Inscription Auto 4WD
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Sven wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:54 pm We took out the five year servicing plan offered by Volvo, only £599 for five years of servicing, absolute no brainer. I was told that the plan needed to be taken out within a certain period of handover of the car (14 days I think), so they may say 'no can do' but if it wasn't offered to you when you bought the car (assuming they were doing it at the time) then you could argue that it should have been and you are simply asking for the same as offered to others (we were offered both the 3 year and 5 year deals, but as we're intending keeping the car for a long time the latter was preferable). Even the salesman couldn't believe how good the deal was. The other point is that if yo don't get it serviced at a Volvo delaer you have a problem with any warranty claim. Goood luck!
I would agree with Sven the Volvo 5 Year Service Plan for £599 was an absolute no brainer, especially with Breakdown Cover included.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FE | D4 | AWD | Crystal White | 20" Alloys | Polestar | Ordered 14 March 2018 | Delivered 9th October 2018
Last edited by Julian B on Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
senwar

Post by senwar »

Annoying you couldn't buy these on a lease deal - would have snapped their hands off
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
senwar

Post by senwar »

Had my first service done yesterday. £244. Sigh.

On the receipt, I've been charged for 5.2l of Fuchs 0W20 oil. The capacity of the XC40 is 5.2l. So I thought OK, full oil change. However, on checking my service status earlier to ensure the indicator had been reset, I noticed the following on my status

As you can see, the level is not at max. Not far off, but this suggests to me that nothing has been done as I'm sure it was that level previously (I topped up AdBlue recently). It definitely hasn't received 5.2l of oil that's for sure.

Any thoughts before I go back to the dealer on this?
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels