First Year Service

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 1240

Post by Deleted User 1240 »

Not sure why you doubt they changed the oil based on the level indicator? Or have I missed something ?

Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Assertion makes zero sense to me.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
senwar

Post by senwar »

The capacity is 5.2l. I’ve been charged for 5.2l. Surely the display should then show full?

I wouldn’t expect a first year service including an oils change to not come back with a full reading?

Or am I completely wrong?
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
senwar

Post by senwar »

And ok maybe saying nothing has been done is a bit of an incorrect statement - but I’ve definitely been charged for a full capacity of oil and the oil isn’t full.
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

senwar wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:07 pm The capacity is 5.2l. I’ve been charged for 5.2l. Surely the display should then show full?

I wouldn’t expect a first year service including an oils change to not come back with a full reading?

Or am I completely wrong?
Your display matches exactly my car at pick up - I suspect they're machine-measured at factory.

Perhaps there's an allowable margin for expansion/dilution/remnants of old oil???

(edit: especially as anything over will throw up constant errors on dash)
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
drjamesr

Post by drjamesr »

The indicator may vary with oil temperature, usually expanding when hot and should be measured then according to the owners manual I think.

But more important that whether you got 5l rather than 5.2 is whether the oil was actually changed. It used to be easy to tell with a dipstick as new oil is clear and not black. I don't think there is a dipstick is there? Maybe oil on the inside of the filler cap will give a clue.
XC40 Inscription, D4 AWD, Pine Grey, black leather faced, 19” double spoke #924, Xenium, Intellisense surround, Winter/Htd wheel, Spare wheel
Alistair72

Post by Alistair72 »

In my first year service it stated they had “replenished engine oil and screen wash” which to me implied they had not changed the oil but I was charged for 5.60litres of 0W20 so I assume it was changed.
Burmey

Post by Burmey »

Alistair72 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:36 pm I had the first service done at a Volvo dealer a few days ago. I would definitely recommend going to a Volvo dealer to get this service as the software update has really improved the stop/start system and the car is running much smoother. The 360 camera pictures are also clearer with new wheel direction indicators.
Can you possibly take a photo of the new direction indicators please? My dealer says they updated the software at the service but I can't see any change. But I might be missing it if it's subtle.

Incidentally, I was told there was a major software update w/b 11th March and another due in week 20 (around 20th May).
V40, XC90, XC60, and now First Edition 2nd owner since November 2018 XC40 Red.
deanio

Post by deanio »

Is there a way of seeing what software/firmware version is running on sensus. It would be good to be able to check if the updates have been done.
White T4 R Design Pro ordered 17/04/18 and supposedly arriving 30/09/18. Picked up 2nd October. :D
Alistair72

Post by Alistair72 »

Burmey wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:17 pm
Alistair72 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:36 pm I had the first service done at a Volvo dealer a few days ago. I would definitely recommend going to a Volvo dealer to get this service as the software update has really improved the stop/start system and the car is running much smoother. The 360 camera pictures are also clearer with new wheel direction indicators.
Can you possibly take a photo of the new direction indicators please? My dealer says they updated the software at the service but I can't see any change. But I might be missing it if it's subtle.

Incidentally, I was told there was a major software update w/b 11th March and another due in week 20 (around 20th May).
Sorry I cannot take a photo as I have now sold my car. Basically there was 2 yellow lines from the front of the car showing where the front wheels were pointing which I didn’t have before the service.