My car is a turd.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

It's a real shame that you (and others) seem to have had so many issues. I'm also in the pretty happy camp with mine . . on almost 13,000 miles and due 1st service next month. Only issue I have (which I need to raise to them) is a reverberation/rattlely noise ... not sure what's causing it, but seems to have gotten worse over time - intially thought it was loose undertray, but that all looks secure.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)

q3billy

Post by q3billy »

mistercesq wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:19 pm Hi Senwar, that is exactly the noise I have. We went down to Cornwall a few weeks ago and it drove me mad the whole way down. Im really pedantic about rattles so the XC40 and I are not getting on very well! Good idea about the buyback as the values do seem to be incredibly strong.
I'm the same with rattles and that's why my XC40 had to go.
Creaks, groans, knocking, rattles, it's not good enough for a car that can easily cost over 40k.

Sold mine a month ago, bought a cheap 60 plate Vauxhall Insignia as a runabout for the time being and guess what, NO RATTLES :lol: :lol:
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
West Yorkshire Lofty

Post by West Yorkshire Lofty »

Oh dear

“I’m really sorry to hear that you’ve had trouble with your first edition, I’ve been lucky to have owned mine since September 18(68reg) and so far no problem whatsoever. I really do hope you get sorted as I honestly think that these cars are as good as the reviews say! .
It could be worse and you could have bought a land-rover”!.

D4 R Design due next week 09-04-19, I do hope it rattles less than my Defender!

After reading the posts I don’t know if I’ve made the right choice.

Mind you can’t really hear rattles in the Defender above the wind noise!

Cheers WYL
Three Car Garage Sorted! :mrgreen:
Gkh1

Post by Gkh1 »

Really sorry to hear of your problems. Must be a Friday Car! I've been driving Volvos for 36 years now and owned 13 differing types from 360's to S80's. In all that time have never had a car breakdown on me or refuse to start and i havs probably covered over 2 million miles!! Hope you manage to get your car sorted.
D3 Momentum Pro AWD Fusion red
Don Eladio

Post by Don Eladio »

I'm really sorry to hear about these problems you've been having with your car. However, I would say that this is more of an isolated case than the norm for an XC40 to have so many issues.

Personally, my car is doing just great. Hope you can get these issues fixed