Apple CarPlay

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Definitely recommend CarPlay. Much better than the car’s standard, I don’t like Volvo’s satnav views. Phone support is better, and the car doesn’t really support text messages properly with an iPhone. Doesn’t support WhatsApp at all.

It is more expensive as a dealer option as they have to change some of the hardware, it’s not just a software update.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018

Paul 44

Post by Paul 44 »

Is the music quality better when playing through apple CarPlay? A friend of mine has it on his VW T Roc and it definitely sound clearer through Apple CarPlay
XC40 T3 R design Thunder grey, sunroof, winter pack, front park assist, Apple CarPlay
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Depends what you're comparing against. Compared to Bluetooth, then yes, definitely. I don't know about a USB iPod style connection, I would expect it to sound the same.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
Morse

Post by Morse »

I have CarPlay and find it much easier to get navigation directions by voice through ‘hey siri’ Than talking to the default sat nav system. However the biggest plus for me that makes it worthwhile is the WhatsApp integration. Get whatsapp messages read out and the ability to dictate and send is worth it for me.
T5 Inscription Pro, Pine Grey, blond interior . Intellisafe pro Xenium pack, Harmon Kardon. Ordered 25th Sept. 18. Delivered 19 Dec following a cancellation and move to earlier factory assembly slot.